Massive Space Objects Have Connections to QM Math

In summary, there is a surprising connection between massive space structures and quantum mechanics, as seen in the Schrodinger equation which describes both subatomic particles and astrophysical disks. This discovery was made by researcher Konstantin Batygin from the California Institute of Technology. More information can be found at the provided links. Additionally, waves are not only found in natural settings like the beach, but also in everyday objects such as coffee cups and can even be witnessed during train rides.
ISamson
Gold Member
massiveastro.jpg
Massive Space Structures Have Surprising Connection to Quantum Mechanics Math
Reading my daily science news I came across an interesting article that talks about how massive space objects have unexpected relationships to quantum mechanical mathematics.

I was quite surprised to hear this, as I have always been told and found that QM and Astrophysics are very different fields and do not much correlate. It is surprising even to me how a quantum mechanical equation can describe something on the large scale.

Enormous disks of stars or debris can operate under the same rules as subatomic particles, changing based on the Schrodinger equation, which physicists use to model quantum-mechanical systems.

California Institute of Technology researcher Konstantin Batygin has come across such conclusion when
studying astrophysical disks.

More to follow on:
https://phys.org/news/2018-03-massive-astrophysical-subatomic-equation.html

http://www.quantumspaceelements.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIq5LYuKLX2QIVVDAqCh02uQx0EAEYASAAEgI0i_D_BwE

http://www.caltech.edu/news/massive-astrophysical-objects-governed-subatomic-equation-81517

Thank you.

Attachments

• massiveastro.jpg
    massiveastro.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 847
Likes lekh2003
Astronomy news on Phys.org
Waves :)

The beach is a nice place to see waves.

Waves are in coffee cups too. If you are in the dining car of a train for a long time you can witness a tunneling event. Most people do not appreciate the beauty and significance.

1. What are massive space objects?

Massive space objects are celestial bodies that have a large mass and gravitational pull. Examples include planets, stars, galaxies, and black holes.

2. How are massive space objects connected to quantum mechanics (QM) math?

QM math is a branch of physics that studies the behavior of particles at a microscopic level. Massive space objects, despite their large size, are made up of tiny particles and thus, their interactions and movements can be described using QM math.

3. What are some examples of QM math principles that apply to massive space objects?

Some examples include the uncertainty principle, which states that the position and momentum of a particle cannot be known simultaneously, and quantum entanglement, which describes how particles can be connected and influence each other regardless of distance.

4. Why is the study of massive space objects and QM math important?

Studying massive space objects using QM math can help us better understand the fundamental laws of the universe and how it operates. It also allows us to make predictions and advancements in fields such as cosmology, astrophysics, and quantum computing.

5. Are there any current research or discoveries related to this topic?

Yes, there is ongoing research in this area, particularly in the study of black holes and their connection to QM math. In recent years, scientists have made significant discoveries, such as the first-ever image of a black hole and evidence of quantum entanglement in black hole systems.