Mass on an inclined plane with friction badly

In summary, the conversation discussed a mass on an inclined plane with an initial velocity and an angle θ. The coefficient of friction and the distance the mass will travel before stopping were also mentioned. The speed of the mass when it returns to the bottom of the ramp and the percentage of initial total mechanical energy lost during its trip were also questions raised. The work energy theorem was used to solve for the distance traveled, the speed at the bottom of the ramp, and the percentage of energy lost. The answers obtained were 0.598 m, 2.23 m/s, and unknown respectively. Further assistance was requested to confirm the accuracy of the answers.
bmx_Freestyle
There is a mass at the bottom of an inclined plane. It travels with an initial velocity up the inclined plane at an angle θ. There is a coefficient of friction on the ramp. How far up the ramp will the mass go before stopping? What is the speed of the block when it returns to the bottom of the ramp? What percent of the initial total mechanical energy was lost during the mass's trip (going up and then back down?
m=5 kg
vo=40 m/s
θ=30°
S=the distance you are looking for
Coefficient of friction (μ) = 0.15

Work energy theorem=mg(hf-ho) + 1/2 m (vf^2-vo^2) +fs

Attempt:
i set up the work energy theorem and simplified it down to "work=mghf-1/2mvo^s+μ
mgs" and solved for s
and then i used "work= -mgho + 1/2mvf^s +μ
mgs to solve for vf
i honestly had no clue what to do for the third part of this problem

I don't think my answers are right bc i got 0.598 m fr the first part and 2.23 m/s fr the second part...and i couldn't figure out the third part

Help would be appreciated. Thank u very much to all!

Physics news on Phys.org
don't make two threads that are exactly the same, one after another. I helped you in your other thread.

Related to Mass on an inclined plane with friction badly

1. What is the purpose of studying a mass on an inclined plane with friction?

Studying a mass on an inclined plane with friction allows us to understand the effects of friction on the motion of an object and how it affects the forces acting on the object.

2. How is friction calculated in a mass on an inclined plane experiment?

Friction can be calculated by multiplying the coefficient of friction (μ) with the normal force (Fn) acting on the object. The formula is Ff = μFn.

3. How does the angle of the inclined plane affect the friction force?

The angle of the inclined plane affects the friction force by increasing as the angle increases. This is because the steeper the angle, the greater the normal force and therefore the greater the friction force.

4. What is the relationship between friction and the mass of the object on an inclined plane?

The relationship between friction and the mass of the object on an inclined plane is that the friction force increases as the mass of the object increases. This is because a heavier object has a greater normal force, resulting in a greater friction force.

5. How does the coefficient of friction affect the motion of a mass on an inclined plane?

The coefficient of friction affects the motion of a mass on an inclined plane by determining the amount of friction force acting on the object. A higher coefficient of friction results in a greater friction force, which can slow down or stop the motion of the object.