Learn How to Use PHP with Easy Step-by-Step Guide | [SOLVED]

• Thread starter Matt
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Php
In summary, the conversation is about learning how to use PHP to build a website. The person is struggling with the installation and is looking for resources to help them. Another person suggests using a package that easily installs Apache, MySQL, and PHP. The conversation ends with the recommendation to set up a webserver before starting to use PHP and MySQL.
Matt
[SOLVED] How to use PHP

Can anyone teach me how to use PHP? I just dled the zip file, but I don't know where to go from there : (

Computer science news on Phys.org
Well, I'm trying to build one, so I suppose I need to know how to do both. I'm findind that the installation isn't exactly user friendly so I am even stuggling with the manual PHP provides.

Are installing on Windows IIS or Unix Apache?

Try http://foxserv.net. it's a package that easily installed apache, ,mysql and php in linux or windows machines.

Last edited:
Well, I think I am way over my head here without doing some extensive research. Here is pretty much what I want to do:

I want a text box where you can submit text, and have that posted on a board - something simple.

Something simple like this:
http://www.michaelallsup.com/sign2.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
Matt are you using your computer to host or did you sign up for an account somewhere on the web?

My own comp.

Before doing anything with php and mysql you should get a webserver up and running on your computer.

1. What is PHP?

PHP is a popular scripting language used for web development. It is open-source and widely used for creating dynamic and interactive web pages.

2. Is PHP difficult to learn?

No, PHP is relatively easy to learn compared to other programming languages. It has a simple and intuitive syntax, making it accessible to beginners.

3. Do I need any prior coding experience to learn PHP?

No, prior coding experience is not necessary to learn PHP. However, having a basic understanding of HTML, CSS, and JavaScript can be helpful in understanding PHP concepts.

4. How can I get started with learning PHP?

You can start learning PHP by taking online courses, reading tutorials, or practicing with coding exercises and projects. There are also many resources available online such as documentation and forums to help you along the way.

5. Can PHP be used for more than just web development?

Yes, PHP can also be used for creating command-line scripts and other types of software. It is a versatile language that can be used for various purposes beyond web development.