Fix Reverse Timing in Winamp 5

• Thread starter wasteofo2
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a problem with the winamp agent timing songs in reverse. The solution is to right click on the player and select preferences or left click on the timer on top of the title track.
wasteofo2
For no apparent reason, my winamp agent started timing songs in reverse fashion. So for a 3:00 song it'll start at 3:00 and count down until the end of a song. Does anyone know how to correct this?

Physics news on Phys.org
I don't have winamp anymore, but there's a setting- try right clicking on the player and selecting the preferences. Can't be anymore specific than that.

I'm using the same version and I *think* I figured it out..

If you're talking about the Timer on top of the title track, Just Left-Click, and it should revert back to the original time display.

Figured it out.

1. How do I fix reverse timing in Winamp 5?

To fix reverse timing in Winamp 5, go to the "Preferences" menu and select "Playback". Under the "Advanced" tab, check the box next to "Enable time stretching". This will fix any issues with reverse timing in Winamp 5.

2. Why is the timing of my songs reversed in Winamp 5?

This issue can occur if the "Enable time stretching" option is not checked in Winamp 5. Without this option, songs may play in reverse or with incorrect timing.

3. Can I adjust the reverse timing in Winamp 5?

Yes, you can adjust the reverse timing in Winamp 5 by changing the "Time stretch ratio" under the "Advanced" tab in the "Preferences" menu. A lower ratio will result in slower playback, while a higher ratio will result in faster playback.

4. Will fixing the reverse timing in Winamp 5 affect the quality of my music?

No, fixing the reverse timing in Winamp 5 will not affect the quality of your music. The "Enable time stretching" option simply adjusts the playback speed without altering the audio quality.

5. Is there a way to permanently fix reverse timing in Winamp 5?

Yes, you can permanently fix reverse timing in Winamp 5 by going to the "Preferences" menu and selecting "Playback". Under the "Advanced" tab, click on the "Time stretching" button and select "Save as default". This will ensure that the "Enable time stretching" option is always checked for future use.