Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

[SOLVED] Marking thread solved

dwsmith

Feb 1, 2012
I was told twice that the ability to mark threads solved is available but I would like to share this image that was taken 9 Mar 2012 at 1052am eastern time

View attachment 90

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
It is working for the staff but I haven't enabled it yet for all members. I will do that now under the condition that the modification only allows you to mark your own thread as solved. If anyone can mark anyone's thread solved then that will be a problem. I'll enable it for you now.

EDIT: Enabled. Let me know the extent of your ability to mark a thread solved - any of them or just you own.

Last edited:

dwsmith

Feb 1, 2012
It is working for the staff but I haven't enabled it yet for all members. I will do that now under the condition that the modification only allows you to mark your own thread as solved. If anyone can mark anyone's thread solved then that will be a problem. I'll enable it for you now.

EDIT: Enabled. Let me know the extent of your ability to mark a thread solved - any of them or just you own.
Just checked and I still don't have an option to do so for any of mine but I haven't checked if i could mark others.

Ackbach

Indicium Physicus
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Just checked and I still don't have an option to do so for any of mine but I haven't checked if i could mark others.
Have you tried logging out and back in again?

dwsmith

Feb 1, 2012
Have you tried logging out and back in again?
Yup just tried it and it didn't work. I can pm you my password so you can check it out as well.

Ackbach

Indicium Physicus
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Yup just tried it and it didn't work. I can pm you my password so you can check it out as well.
Please don't PM your password. Staff should not ask for, nor receive passwords. I can simply take your word for it. We'll keep working on this, as this feature is pretty handy at times.

dwsmith

Feb 1, 2012
Please don't PM your password. Staff should not ask for, nor receive passwords. I can simply take your word for it. We'll keep working on this, as this feature is pretty handy at times.
I am not worried about you doing anything diabolical with my MHB account.

Ackbach

Indicium Physicus
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
I am not worried about you doing anything diabolical with my MHB account.
I appreciate your vote of confidence, but it's really not necessary to have your password. As I said, we'll keep working on this.

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
You should be able to mark a thread as solved now. Please let me know which threads you can do this to though. If you can mark any thread solved then we might have a problem.

dwsmith

Feb 1, 2012
You should be able to mark a thread as solved now. Please let me know which threads you can do this to though. If you can mark any thread solved then we might have a problem.
I can only mark mine.

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Cool. Glad this is working finally. :D