Maple: Swapping Enter & Shift+Enter for Line Break?

In summary, Maple is a mathematical software program used for solving complex mathematical problems and creating interactive visualizations. To swap the Enter and Shift+Enter keys for line break in Maple, you can go to Tools > Options > Interface and then check the box next to "Swap Enter and Shift+Enter for line break." Some users may find it more convenient to use the Shift+Enter key combination for line break instead of the Enter key. This can also help improve workflow for certain tasks. Additionally, there are many other keyboard shortcuts available in Maple for various functions, and you can find a complete list in the Maple Help menu. You can also customize the keyboard shortcuts in Maple by going to Tools > Options > Interface and clicking on the "Keyboard Short
Dragonfall
I want Enter to produce a line break, and shift+Enter to evaluate. Swapping the default commands. Is it this possible? Programming in maple is a pain if I have to press shift+enter every time.

Physics news on Phys.org
Also, how do I indent code so it's readable?

Related to Maple: Swapping Enter & Shift+Enter for Line Break?

1. What is Maple?

Maple is a mathematical software program used for solving complex mathematical problems and creating interactive visualizations.

2. How do I swap Enter and Shift+Enter for line break in Maple?

To swap the Enter and Shift+Enter keys for line break in Maple, you can go to Tools > Options > Interface and then check the box next to "Swap Enter and Shift+Enter for line break."

3. Why would I want to swap Enter and Shift+Enter for line break in Maple?

Some users may find it more convenient to use the Shift+Enter key combination for line break instead of the Enter key. This can also help improve workflow for certain tasks.

4. Are there any other keyboard shortcuts I should be aware of in Maple?

Yes, there are many keyboard shortcuts available in Maple for various functions such as creating equations, formatting text, and navigating through documents. You can find a complete list of shortcuts in the Maple Help menu.

5. Can I customize the keyboard shortcuts in Maple?

Yes, you can customize the keyboard shortcuts in Maple by going to Tools > Options > Interface and clicking on the "Keyboard Shortcuts" button. From there, you can edit existing shortcuts or create your own custom shortcuts.