Maple Partial Sum Problem: How to Find the Sum of a Series on Maple 13

In summary, the individual terms of the given series (1+1/n)^n approach the number e as n approaches infinity, meaning the series does not converge. The issue lies in attempting to find the partial sum of a series using Maple 13, as it is unable to evaluate the sum in this case. It is suggested to review the question and the individual terms of the series.
Teachme
So I'm trying to figure out how to find that partial sum of a given summation of a series on maple 13. Iv tried looking all over the internet for answers to my problem, but no site seems to answer my problem. I am trying to find the sum of a series. When i plug in 1/x^2 and evaluate I get the correct sum of the series, but when I plug in a summation of a series such as
(1+1/n)^n it simply does not evaluate the series sum. I included a couple pictures of what I am doing, so that might help. As you can see in the first picture, it evaluates the sum. But in the second one it just gives me it in summation form and even when i go to evaluate it gives the same thing.
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks for reading.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    5.5 KB · Views: 453
  • Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    7.2 KB · Views: 427
Physics news on Phys.org
Your second sum will not converge - I suggest you look more closely at the question.
The individual terms (1 + 1/n)n -> e as n becomes infinite.

Related to Maple Partial Sum Problem: How to Find the Sum of a Series on Maple 13

1. What is the Maple partial sum problem?

The Maple partial sum problem is a mathematical problem that involves finding the partial sums of a given series. It is named after the Maple computer algebra system, which is often used to solve this type of problem.

2. How do you solve the Maple partial sum problem?

The Maple partial sum problem can be solved using various methods, such as the geometric series formula, telescoping series method, or by using the Maple computer algebra system. The method used will depend on the specific series being evaluated.

3. What is the purpose of solving the Maple partial sum problem?

Solving the Maple partial sum problem can help in determining the convergence or divergence of a series, as well as finding the sum of a series if it is convergent. It is also a useful tool in many areas of mathematics, physics, and engineering.

4. What are some common applications of the Maple partial sum problem?

The Maple partial sum problem has various applications in fields such as calculus, statistics, and physics. It can be used to solve problems related to compound interest, population growth, and electrical circuits, among others.

5. Are there any tips for solving the Maple partial sum problem?

Some tips for solving the Maple partial sum problem include carefully studying the given series, using appropriate formulas and methods, and checking for convergence or divergence. It is also helpful to practice solving different types of series to become more familiar with the process.