Maple help (min/max value problem)

In summary, there are various ways to find maximum and minimum values of a function in Maple. One way is by defining the function, plotting it, differentiating it, and solving for when the derivative equals 0. This will give the x-coordinate of the maximum or minimum point, which can then be evaluated to find the corresponding y-coordinate.
Firben
Hello

How can i find maximum and minimum values with help of Maple ? and asymptotes or inflextion points ? I am new to Maple.

Ex lnx/x (x>0)

How ?

Physics news on Phys.org
There are a few ways of finding the maximum and minimum values of a function in Maple. This is one of the ways I know how to do it.

defining the function

>f:=x→ln(x)/x;

Plotting the function

>plot(f(x), x=1..10);

differentiating the function

>df:=diff(f(x),x);

finding the maximum or minimum relates to where df = 0

>xmax := evalf(solve(df=0,x));

Determine the maximum

>evalf(f(xmax));

Hope this helps you. Thanks

Related to Maple help (min/max value problem)

What is the "min/max value problem" in Maple?

The min/max value problem in Maple refers to finding the minimum or maximum value of a function or expression. This is often done to optimize a system or find the most efficient solution to a problem.

How do I find the minimum or maximum value of a function in Maple?

To find the minimum or maximum value of a function in Maple, you can use the "minimize" or "maximize" command. These commands take in the function or expression as well as any constraints, and return the minimum or maximum value as well as the values of the variables that achieve it.

Can I find the minimum or maximum value of a function with multiple variables in Maple?

Yes, you can use the "minimize" or "maximize" command in Maple with multiple variables. You will need to specify the variables that you want to optimize and any constraints on those variables.

How can I visualize the minimum or maximum value of a function in Maple?

Maple has a built-in plot function that can help you visualize the minimum or maximum value of a function. You can plot the function and use the "extremum" option to highlight the minimum or maximum point on the plot.

Are there any tips for solving min/max value problems in Maple?

Some tips for solving min/max value problems in Maple include using the "minimize" or "maximize" command, plotting the function to visualize the minimum or maximum point, and trying different constraints to see how they affect the optimal solution. It can also be helpful to simplify the function or expression before using the optimization commands.