Man buys poodles, I mean ferrets

• News
  • Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Mean
In summary, a man in Argentina bought what he thought were two poodles at a market, only to find out they were actually ferrets on steroids. This was not an isolated incident, as another person bought a chihuahua that turned out to be a rat. The news article about this situation has caused laughter and discussions about distinguishing between different animals. Some people feel bad for the ferret and rat, but others find the situation amusing.
Evo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
As you may have noticed, Politics and World Affairs is gone. This is now Current Events, a more lighthearted look at what is in the news.

To get started, I saw this article today. WHO THOUGHT THAT WAS A POODLE?

I've got to say that is one crazy looking ferret. (The ferret is on the right).

attachment.php?attachmentid=57651&d=1365464765.jpg

An Argentinian man who thought he bought a pair of poodles at an outdoor market in Buenos Aires brought them home to the vet only to be told they were actually ferrets on steroids, reports the Daily Mail.

Another woman says she bought a chihuahua which turned out to be a rat.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/ferret-poodle-argentina-125901615.html

Attachments

• poodle-ferret.jpg
    poodle-ferret.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 606
Physics news on Phys.org
Did you check to make sure your dog isn't a rat?

PhizKid said:
Did you check to make sure your dog isn't a rat?
Mine has long hair.

Wait...hair extensions!?

Doesn't look like a poodle to me! Unless someone pointed out such, I wouldn't know what kind of animal it'd be.

it is true that I couldn't distinguish the differences between a horse and a donkey when I was very young. The news makes me laugh a lot. :biggrin:

I feel bad for the ferret and rat. Not for the people. How "silly" do you have to be to believe these scams.

Photoshop is wonderful, but has some down sides... Fake photos being one. http://www.forumsextreme.com/images2/wink.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey don't be dissin' the huron, man. :-p

Too bad about the steroid abuse, but I'd rather have the ferret any day. Dook-dook!

Who cares whether it's a poodle or a ferret? With the right marinade, they taste the same.

Related to Man buys poodles, I mean ferrets

1. What does it mean when a man buys poodles, I mean ferrets?

This phrase is a play on words, suggesting that the man is actually purchasing ferrets but is using the word "poodles" as a cover-up or code word. It could also imply that the man is buying something unexpected or unconventional.

2. Why would someone buy ferrets instead of poodles?

Ferrets are popular pets due to their playful and curious nature. They require less grooming and are generally less expensive than poodles. Additionally, some people may prefer the personality and behavior of ferrets over poodles.

3. Are poodles and ferrets similar in any way?

Poodles and ferrets are both mammals, but they are not closely related. Poodles are a breed of domestic dog, while ferrets are small mammals in the same family as weasels, otters, and badgers. They have different physical characteristics, behaviors, and needs as pets.

4. Can ferrets be trained like poodles?

Ferrets are intelligent animals and can be trained to do certain behaviors, such as using a litter box or coming when called. However, they do not have the same level of obedience training as poodles and may not be as responsive to commands.

5. Is it common for people to buy ferrets and pretend they are poodles?

No, this phrase is typically used as a joke or a humorous way of referring to someone buying something unusual or unexpected. While some people may choose to keep their ferrets as a secret or use a code name for them, it is not a common or necessary practice.

Back