What would you do if I gave you a Billion?

• Thread starter Viper
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolved around the hypothetical scenario of having a billion units of currency and how each person would spend it. Some mentioned giving away a portion to friends and charities, while others would buy extravagant items or invest in different currencies. The idea of buying the England cricket team was brought up, with a humorous suggestion of buying the Australian team to ensure their loss. The conversation ended with a discussion about the current state of the economy and the potential risks of speculating in a certain currency.
Viper
Would you give it back or spend spend spend and what would you buy?

Physics news on Phys.org
Originally posted by Viper
Would you give it back or spend spend spend and what would you buy?
I'd make 900 millionaires out of people I knew and met, keeping the other 100 so I could gloat a bit and tease them about only having a paltry million.

A billion of what? You never said anything else but a billion. You didn't finish it. I have no idea? A billion of what Substance? You could be referring to anything for all I know. Hence Ill take it as a Billion Volts of Electricity to spend on running my Space Ship I built outside. Just to see how far I could get with that amount of Energy in my Space Ship. Or I could Get a Billion Particle Accelerators and use them at the same time to Create a large amount of Energy and I could some how acquire the Knowledge to Harness the Energy that the Billion Particle Accelerators created when slamming the Particles at the same time.

Although you said the word "Buy", It will ofcourse be used as a negative variable to get rid of what I had a billion of. I had a billion Volts of Energy. I got to spend that Energy on the Space Ship I built in my Secret Laboratory Underground in my backyard. The only thing I can't spend is Particle Accelerators. Though I could spend the Great amounts of Energy created by a Billion Particle Accelerators working at the same time.

Last edited:
I'll try to stay happy knowing I've got 100 times as much of it.

Oh, how I hate the Rich.
-Ford Fairlane

Pounds, Dollars, Yen Drachnea etc
Taschengeld
Money

Sponsor PF for... well... ever.

Originally posted by Viper
Pounds, Dollars, Yen Drachnea etc
Taschengeld
Money
Well Turkish Lira wouldn't do me a whole lot of good :wink:

(In pounds) I'd keep about 50 Million (much more than I ever need) and give the rest away to friends and charities.

Originally posted by zeronem ...
Ill take it as a Billion Volts of Energy ... [/B]
*cough*Volts arent units of energy*cough* :)

I would ..Yeah give maybe 500 million away to people i know..and get a huge mansion..and that's about it!

Originally posted by dav2008
*cough*Volts arent units of energy*cough* :)

I would ..Yeah give maybe 500 million away to people i know..and get a huge mansion..and that's about it!

I know that. I only put that because, it is somewhat a form of energy

Id buy the england cricket team.

why would you want to buy the England Cricket Team?

So we can actually win (cough.)

yea lol, i spose if you buy them you can threaten to execute them if they lose, maybe you should buy the australian team and pay them to lose!

I'd pay off my teensy shack and speculate in EUROS. The rest would go to some project like a big block-buster hollywood production, completely overhyped.

I think that Euros are at a peak versus dollar. Dollar will bounce back despite poor economy predictions.

Bad time to speculate.

1. What would you do with a billion dollars?

If I were given a billion dollars, I would first invest a portion of it in various sustainable and ethical companies and initiatives. I would also donate a significant amount to charities and organizations that are working towards solving global issues such as poverty, hunger, and climate change. Additionally, I would use the money to travel and experience different cultures, as well as to support my family and loved ones.

2. How would you manage a billion dollars?

Managing a billion dollars would require careful and strategic planning. I would seek the help of financial advisors and experts to create an investment portfolio that would ensure long-term financial stability. I would also set aside a certain amount for personal expenses and make sure to budget and track my spending.

3. Would you quit your job if you were given a billion dollars?

As a scientist, my job is not only a source of income but also a passion and a way to make a positive impact on the world. Therefore, I would not quit my job if I were given a billion dollars. However, I may reduce my working hours and take on more flexible projects to have more time to pursue other interests and passions.

4. What impact would a billion dollars have on your life?

A billion dollars would have a significant impact on my life. It would provide financial security and freedom, allowing me to pursue my dreams and passions without worrying about financial constraints. It would also give me the opportunity to make a bigger difference in the world and help those in need.

5. How would you use a billion dollars to further scientific research?

If I were given a billion dollars, I would use a portion of it to fund scientific research and support talented researchers and scientists. I would also establish a foundation or organization that focuses on promoting and advancing scientific discoveries and innovations. Additionally, I would invest in education and provide resources for students to pursue careers in science and technology.