Make a superhero with the chemical neon

In summary, the conversation is about creating a superhero with the chemical element neon. The discussion includes ideas for the superhero's physical qualities, chemical reactivity, and potential powers related to neon. It is suggested that Neon is a Noble Gas and could have a connection to lightning or lasers. The conversation also touches on researching other elements for inspiration and encourages the individual to use their own creativity for the project.
mobb
I need to make a superhero with the chemical neon

and it should have stuff like physical qualities, chemical reactivity, how does it react with other elemts, what's it do, historical facts, neighbours in periodic table.. when was it discovered and by whom

i was wondering if you guys could help me on making an idea about it, its on neon only...

Physics news on Phys.org
"need to make a superhero with the chemical neon"- What does that mean?Wikipedia is always a nice place to start looking for information :)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neon"

Last edited by a moderator:
That sounds like a funny project. Well, Neon is a Noble Gas, so he probably comes from the royal family of some obscure country. He is a pretty small guy, in his family only helium is smaller (so maybe he is a she). He doesn't bond with anything so definitely the "loner" kind of superhero. His superpower would probably have something to do with lightning (neon lights) or lasers (He-Ne lasers).

-Dale

DaleSpam said:
That sounds like a funny project. Well, Neon is a Noble Gas, so he probably comes from the royal family of some obscure country. He is a pretty small guy, in his family only helium is smaller (so maybe he is a she). He doesn't bond with anything so definitely the "loner" kind of superhero. His superpower would probably have something to do with lightning (neon lights) or lasers (He-Ne lasers).
-Dale
:rolleyes:
So that's what it means...

thx for the info Dale! keep them coming please that's great information to start my project gosh i love this forums!

need more help please

need more help please!

What sort of help?
We can't do your homework for you. So if you are stuck in some specific area, you can post it and you will get help.

maybe if you would read it you'd understand its not homework its a project - about neon, i need help on what else to put my superhero,

like what kinds of elements does neon doesn't like? what are his brothers/sisters, powers, etc

mobb said:
maybe if you would read it you'd understand its not homework its a project -

It's more important you do the work then.

mobb said:
about neon, i need help on what else to put my superhero,
like what kinds of elements does neon doesn't like? what are his brothers/sisters, powers, etc
DaleSpam gave you some good tips on how to start. Maybe you can build on it with your own ideas? For example, if you look up the periodic table, you can find other elements which are similar.

The point is that, this is your project so try searching for information and use your creativity to come up with ideas of your own. Have fun and best of luck.

Related to Make a superhero with the chemical neon

1. What is neon and how does it relate to superheroes?

Neon is a chemical element with the symbol Ne and atomic number 10. It is a colorless, odorless, and inert gas commonly used in neon lights. In the context of creating a superhero, neon can be used to represent powers of light and energy, as well as a glowing appearance.

2. Can neon be used to give a superhero special abilities?

Yes, neon can be used to give a superhero a range of abilities such as flight, energy projection, and enhanced strength. Neon can also be used to create a protective force field or to manipulate light in various ways.

3. How can neon be incorporated into a superhero's costume?

Neon can be incorporated into a superhero's costume through the use of neon-colored materials or by adding neon lights or glowing accents. The superhero's powers could also be manifested through neon symbols or patterns on their costume.

4. Are there any limitations or weaknesses associated with using neon in a superhero?

One limitation could be that neon is an inert gas, meaning it is not reactive and does not readily combine with other elements. This could limit the range of powers and abilities a superhero can have. Additionally, exposure to extreme heat or cold may affect the neon's ability to glow and therefore impact the superhero's powers.

5. Are there any existing superheroes that use neon in their powers?

There are several existing superheroes that incorporate neon in their powers. For example, DC Comics' character Neon Knights has the ability to manipulate neon and create weapons out of it. Marvel Comics' character Lightspeed can move at superhuman speeds while surrounded by a glowing aura of neon light.