Einstein,Newton,Diracare they really genious?

• Thread starter eljose79
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of genius and its application to famous scientists such as Einstein and Newton. The speaker expresses doubts about their intelligence and argues that their discoveries were not as groundbreaking as they are perceived to be. They also question the value of investments in scientific endeavors such as space exploration and particle accelerators. Others in the conversation defend the genius of these scientists and point out their significant contributions to the scientific community. Overall, the conversation highlights the subjective nature of intelligence and the importance of collaboration and building upon past discoveries in scientific progress.
Personally, I don't put a lot of stock in IQ because there are too many factors that could significantly affect the outcome of a test - ADD, ADHD, LD, bad sleep, etc.

I skimmed through a bio on Feynman about 5 months ago though, and remember reading that his teachers in middle school or high school wanted to give him an IQ test for some reason that I don't remember, and that he got a 126 on that particular test.

I just thought I'd throw that interesting fact out there, especially since he is considered one of the most brilliant physicists, and that 126 isn't necessarily very high (not even considered gifted, which is 130).

Let this be inspiration to those who scored lower than they would have liked to on past IQ tests and those that possibly feel/felt disappointed or discouraged because of their supposed potential according to their particular score.