MacDougal - Newton's Gravity: An Introductory Guide

In summary, "MacDougal - Newton's Gravity: An Introductory Guide" is a book written by scientist John MacDougal that provides a comprehensive and beginner-friendly introduction to the concept of gravity as described by Sir Isaac Newton's laws of motion. The book is intended for anyone interested in learning about the fundamental principles of gravity, including students, educators, and those with a general curiosity about the topic. It covers a wide range of topics related to Newton's theory of gravity, including its history, mathematical equations, and real-world applications. While a basic understanding of physics may be helpful, the book is written in a way that is accessible to readers with no prior knowledge of the subject. It can be a useful resource for those conducting research
dextercioby
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Hi,

judging by the TOC and the free preview of chapter 10 on Springer's website, this book seems a great supplementary read for a regular (undergraduate) classical mechanics or astronomy course.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1461454433/?tag=pfamazon01-20

Newton's Gravity: An Introductory Guide to the Mechanics of the Universe

Last edited by a moderator:
Likes Greg Bernhardt
Physics news on Phys.org
I wish I could read it but I have already two great book :smile:

I saw this book, it seems good as basic introduction on the topic with a lot of examples and interesting digressions...

Ssnow

Related to MacDougal - Newton's Gravity: An Introductory Guide

What is "MacDougal - Newton's Gravity: An Introductory Guide"?

"MacDougal - Newton's Gravity: An Introductory Guide" is a book written by scientist John MacDougal that provides a comprehensive and beginner-friendly introduction to the concept of gravity as described by Sir Isaac Newton's laws of motion.

Who is the intended audience for this book?

This book is intended for anyone who is interested in learning more about the fundamental principles of gravity, including students, educators, and those with a general curiosity about the topic.

What topics are covered in this book?

This book covers a wide range of topics related to Newton's theory of gravity, including the history of its discovery, the mathematical equations behind it, and real-world applications and examples.

Do I need a background in physics to understand this book?

While a basic understanding of physics may be helpful, this book is written in a way that is accessible to readers with no prior knowledge of the subject. The author breaks down complex concepts and explains them in a clear and easy-to-understand manner.

How can this book be useful for my research or studies?

This book can serve as a valuable resource for those conducting research or studying in fields related to physics, astronomy, or engineering. It provides a solid foundation in the principles of gravity, which can be applied to various areas of study and research.