Low Voltage BJT: Why 0.225V - 75mV?

In summary, the conversation discusses the low output voltage for a BJT biased between 0 and 5 on the base and voltage 5 at the drain. There are two varieties of BJT, NPN and PNP, and a BJT transistor driven into fully saturated conduction typically has a voltage drop of 0.35 Volts between its collector and emitter. When there is little base current, the transistor presents a high resistance, resulting in a large voltage drop. It is not common to refer to a "low" voltage with a single BJT, but 0.075V is lower than 0.225V.
a.y
i want to know why at some point the low output voltage for a bjt biased between 0 and 5
on the base
and voltage 5 at the drain
ranges between 0.225v and 75mv so which of them is the low voltage pz answer me now i have a project to deliver

Engineering news on Phys.org
BJT? BASE? DRAIN?

A BJT has three terminals, EMITTER, BASE, COLLECTOR,
There are two varieties of BJT:

NPN and PNP which represent differeing doping polarity used in making the devices sections.

A BJT transistor driven into fully saturated conduction
will usually have a relatively small voltage drop between
its COLLECTOR and EMITTER; the value of that voltage
is called "V_CE_SAT" for "saturated Voltage between
COLLECTOR and EMITTER" and it is often around
0.35 Volts.

When there is little BASE current the transistor will present
a very low conductance (i.e. a high resistance) between
COLLECTOR and EMITTER, and thus the voltage drop
across the COLLECTOR and EMITTER will be large, almost
as large as if the transistor was taken out of the circuit
and a large -- e.g. 50 million ohm -- resistor is placed
between where the collector and emitter terminals were.

And usually one doesn't speak of "low" voltage with
a single BJT since usually a logic circuit involves
at least one BJT and one diode and at least some
resistors or other BJT components.

However comparing magnitudes, 0.075V is LOWER than
0.225V; I suspect 0.225 could be V_CE_SAT, I have
no idea what 0.075V represents...

Related to Low Voltage BJT: Why 0.225V - 75mV?

What is a Low Voltage BJT?

A Low Voltage BJT (Bipolar Junction Transistor) is a type of transistor that is designed to operate at low voltages, typically below 5 volts. This makes it suitable for use in low power applications such as portable devices.

Why is the voltage range for a Low Voltage BJT between 0.225V and 75mV?

This voltage range is specific to the Low Voltage BJT and is determined by the materials used in its construction. The voltage range is chosen to ensure that the transistor can operate effectively at low voltages without being damaged.

What happens if the voltage exceeds 0.225V - 75mV in a Low Voltage BJT?

If the voltage exceeds this range, the transistor may be damaged or its performance may be affected. This is because the transistor is not designed to function at higher voltages and may not be able to handle the increased power and current.

Can a Low Voltage BJT be used in high voltage applications?

No, a Low Voltage BJT is specifically designed for low voltage applications and may not be able to handle the higher voltages and currents required in high voltage applications. It is important to choose the right type of transistor for the specific application.

What are the advantages of using a Low Voltage BJT?

The main advantage of using a Low Voltage BJT is that it can operate at lower voltages, which means it consumes less power and is more suitable for portable and low power devices. It also has a simple structure and can be easily integrated into electronic circuits.