Low speed wind tunnel testing (book)

In summary, the conversation was about someone asking for recommendations on where to purchase a book online, preferably second hand, due to not being able to find it in their country. They clarify that they are looking for a physical copy, not an electronic document. Another person offers advice on where to find the book, and the original person thanks them for the information.
ephedyn
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but would any of you have recommendations as to where I can get this online first or preferably second hand at its best price?

Alternatively, do any of you have this book and you wouldn't mind selling?

My country is plenty small and my whole team of 4 scoured the entire place and every university/polytechnic/library and couldn't find it -_-; so I've no choice but to turn to the internet. At the same time, the amazon marketplace shuts my location out, which makes it more difficult.

Thanks in advance!

Engineering news on Phys.org
Just a self-update, I got it. Thanks nonetheless.

Just a word of advice to all of the people that post these kinds of threads...

You will not get any kind of real response because you are asking people to violate copyright.

I believe you misread "get it online" as "get it as an electronic document". I meant get it through online SHOPPING. I don't know what sort of copyright violation this would constitute. I thought it was fairly obvious when I said:

but would any of you have recommendations as to where I can get this online first or preferably second hand at its best price?

...mind selling?...

...amazon marketplace...

No insult intended, but don't you feel it's weird to assume I wanted a first or second hand... electronic document... :rolleyes:? Or for that matter, an electronic document at its... best price :rolleyes: ?

So indeed, your response seems like an imaginary response.

Edit: And I don't think there's anything wrong with the rest of your advice since it was meant in good-will - I even agree with it, which is why I am trying to buy the book. But the pronoun "you" is misused.

Last edited:
I'm also humbly requesting to be directed where i can buy Low speed wind tunnel testing book. Please assist

Related to Low speed wind tunnel testing (book)

1. What is low speed wind tunnel testing?

Low speed wind tunnel testing is a method used to study and analyze the aerodynamic characteristics of models or scaled-down versions of objects in a controlled environment. It involves placing the object in a wind tunnel and subjecting it to air flow at various speeds to measure the forces acting on it.

2. Why is low speed wind tunnel testing important?

Low speed wind tunnel testing is important because it allows engineers and scientists to accurately predict the performance of objects in real-life conditions. It helps in the design and development of various objects such as aircraft, cars, and buildings by providing valuable data on their aerodynamic properties.

3. What are the components of a low speed wind tunnel?

A low speed wind tunnel typically consists of a test section, a fan or blower to generate air flow, a contraction section to increase the velocity of air, a diffuser to slow down the air after it passes through the test section, and a data acquisition system to collect and analyze data.

4. How is the accuracy of low speed wind tunnel testing ensured?

The accuracy of low speed wind tunnel testing is ensured by carefully calibrating the equipment, minimizing external factors such as vibrations and temperature changes, and using advanced techniques such as boundary layer control to reduce interference effects. Additionally, multiple tests are conducted and the results are compared to ensure consistency and accuracy.

5. What are the limitations of low speed wind tunnel testing?

Low speed wind tunnel testing has some limitations, such as the inability to accurately simulate certain atmospheric conditions (such as turbulence and gusts), the size constraints of the test section, and the cost of building and operating a wind tunnel. Additionally, scaling effects may affect the accuracy of results, and it may not be possible to completely replicate real-life conditions in a controlled environment.