Lots of old math books converted to latex

In summary, Project Gutenberg offers a vast collection of free math books that have been scanned from old books and converted to LaTeX for easy reading. The PDF versions even have links included. This site also includes books on physics and other sciences. Some recommended titles are "Calculus Made Easy" by Thompson.
skoker
i have come across quite a huge list of free math books from the project Gutenberg, they scan in old books. but theses have been converted to latex so they are REALLY nice to read. they even have links in the pdf. there is a huge list so take a look!

http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Mathematics_%28Bookshelf%29

Physics news on Phys.org
Re: lots of old math books converted to latex.

I've just seen the site. Excellent.

They've got a nice little Physics (and other sciences) as well. Thanks much!

-Dan

nice website! i like the "Calculus made easy" by thompson.

I am always excited to see resources that make learning and studying mathematics more accessible and enjoyable. The fact that these old math books have been converted to latex is a wonderful step towards preserving and sharing knowledge from the past. The use of latex not only makes the books visually appealing, but also allows for easy navigation and linking within the pdf. I will definitely take a look at this extensive list of free math books from Project Gutenberg and utilize them in my own research and studies. Thank you for sharing this valuable resource!

Related to Lots of old math books converted to latex

1. What is the purpose of converting old math books to latex?

The purpose of converting old math books to latex is to make them easier to edit, update, and distribute. Latex is a typesetting system that allows for the creation of high-quality mathematical equations and symbols, making it a popular choice for math books and research papers.

2. How is the conversion process of old math books to latex done?

The conversion process typically involves scanning the physical book or manually typing the content into a latex editor. The equations and symbols are then formatted using latex commands and packages to ensure proper alignment and appearance.

3. Can the converted latex files be opened and edited in other software?

Yes, latex files can be opened and edited in various software, including popular editors like Overleaf and Texmaker. However, some formatting may be lost if the software does not support latex commands and packages.

4. Are there any benefits of using latex over other document formats?

Yes, there are several benefits of using latex over other document formats. Latex allows for precise formatting of mathematical equations and symbols, making it ideal for scientific and technical documents. It also has built-in features for referencing, cross-referencing, and automatic table of contents generation.

5. Can the converted latex files be easily shared and distributed?

Yes, latex files can be easily shared and distributed as they are plain text files. They can be converted into PDF format for easy viewing and printing, and can also be shared through online platforms like Dropbox or Google Drive.