Lost Ti-84 Cable: How to Recover and Save Money on Replacement

In summary, there are various types of USB cables that can be used for connecting a computer to a TI calculator, such as USB A to mini USB or USB A to B cables. These can be easily found and purchased at many electronic stores, including Amazon and Monoprice. It is important to make sure to get the correct type of cable with the appropriate number of pins.
flyingpig
It's basically that cable that hooks up your computer to your Ti to download programs.

I lost it, is there anyway to recover it? I went to Amazon and found one, but the cost to ship it is even more expensive than buying a new one...

Anyone know any better way?

Computer science news on Phys.org
You should be able to use any USB A to mini USB cable.

Last edited:
USB A to B what? How much are they? They aren't suppose to be ridiculously long right?

Excuse me, I meant USB to mini-USB.

Looks like:
41Un4Nb7TaL._AA160_.jpg

You should be able to get one pretty much anywhere.

How much are they? I just googled them and they are like $20 and really long lol

Amazon seems to have some shorter ones fairly cheap.

Also, make sure you don't get a micro USB cable.

Also, from my TI-84+ SE, the port is a 5-pin USB Mini B.

What...?

The number of pins in the connector; there are 4-pin, 5-pin, and 8-pin mini USB connectors.

What's pin? How do i tell?

Can you give me a link on where to buy one...? I don't understand anything you are saying

Related to Lost Ti-84 Cable: How to Recover and Save Money on Replacement

1. How do I recover a lost Ti-84 cable?

Unfortunately, if you have lost your Ti-84 cable, it cannot be recovered. You will need to purchase a new cable to use with your calculator.

2. Can I use a generic cable as a replacement for a lost Ti-84 cable?

No, it is not recommended to use a generic cable as a replacement for a lost Ti-84 cable. The Ti-84 cable is specifically designed for the calculator and using a generic cable may not work properly or could potentially damage your calculator.

3. Where can I purchase a replacement Ti-84 cable?

You can purchase a replacement Ti-84 cable from various online retailers such as Amazon, or directly from the manufacturer's website. You may also be able to find one at your local electronics store.

4. How much does a replacement Ti-84 cable cost?

The cost of a replacement Ti-84 cable can vary depending on where you purchase it from. On average, it can range from $10 to $20. It is always a good idea to compare prices from different retailers before making a purchase.

5. Is there any way to save money on a replacement Ti-84 cable?

One way to potentially save money on a replacement Ti-84 cable is by checking for any sales or discounts from the manufacturer or online retailers. You can also try searching for used cables from reputable sellers. However, be cautious when purchasing used cables as they may not be in good condition and could potentially not work properly with your calculator.