Looking to control all functions of a CD player, any suggestions?

In summary, the individual is seeking to use software to control the various functions of a standard computer CD player, such as the speed of rotation and the position of the sensor/laser. They are not a computer programmer and are looking for resources to help them learn how to achieve this. They may need to identify the model of their CD player and potentially use third-party software or create a custom program using coding languages. Online tutorials may be helpful in this process.
HappMatt
I am working on a project and would like to be able to control the many functions of a standard computer CD player. For example I would like to be able to control the speed of rotation, the position of the sensor/laser , when the laser fires and when the computer reads the photo diode, if I could see the value of the photo diode that would be even better though I really only expect on/off data. I am not really a computer programmer and so I am trying to figure out what I need to learn in order to figure out how to do this. I have some programming experience and if all else fails I can build something that does this though I would really like to take advantage of the existing technology as much as possible. Thus if anyone has any suggestions on sites to look at, books ,or journals or ways in which I can work towards doing this that would be appreciated.

Thanks

Technology news on Phys.org
for your question. It sounds like you are looking to use software to control the functions of a standard computer CD player. The first step is to determine what type of CD player you have, as different players may require different software. Once you have identified the model of your CD player, you should check with the manufacturer to see if they offer any software or drivers that can be used to control the player. If they do not, then you will need to find a third-party software solution that can be used to control the player. Depending on the model of your CD player, you may be able to find a program that allows you to control the speed of rotation, the position of the sensor/laser, when the laser fires and when the computer reads the photo diode. In addition, there are some programs that can give you the value of the photo diode. Finally, if you are comfortable with coding, you may be able to create a custom program using languages such as C++, Java, or Python to control the CD player. You can find tutorials online to help you get started. Good luck!

Related to Looking to control all functions of a CD player, any suggestions?

What are the basic functions of a CD player?

The basic functions of a CD player include playing, pausing, skipping tracks, adjusting volume, and stopping playback.

How can I control all functions of a CD player?

To control all functions of a CD player, you can use the buttons on the CD player itself, a remote control, or a computer program designed for CD player control.

Are there any universal remotes that can control a CD player?

Yes, there are universal remotes that can control a CD player. However, not all remotes are compatible with all CD players, so it is important to check the compatibility before purchasing.

Can I use my smartphone to control a CD player?

Yes, there are apps available for smartphones that allow you to control a CD player. These apps usually require the CD player to have Bluetooth or Wi-Fi connectivity.

Is there a way to control a CD player without a remote or smartphone?

Yes, you can control a CD player without a remote or smartphone by using the buttons on the CD player itself. Some CD players also have voice control capabilities, allowing you to control functions by speaking commands.