Looking for resources to do with energy transfer.

In summary, the conversation discusses the search for a table that shows the relationship between the energy required and the number of protons/neutrons in an element's nucleus. The conversation also mentions a famous graph related to physics and provides a link to an example of the graph. It is noted that Iron is the most tightly bound nucleus and can produce energy through fission or fusion.
DeanBH
in every element energy is used up to link the protons/neutrons together etc.

I am looking for a table that shows how the energy required increases as the number of protons/neutrons increases in the nucleus of the elements.

i've searched Google quite a while a can't seem to come across one, do any of you guys know where i could find such a table.

Sorry if i havnt explained it clearly i was told it was a famous graph that explains a lot about physics i.e atom bombs etc.

Physics news on Phys.org
I presume you're referring to the average nuclear binding energy per nucleon with respect to mass number.

There's an example on this page: http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/nucene/nucbin.html

The essential idea is that Iron happens to be the most tightly bound nucleus, so an energy yield is possible by splitting heavy nuclei into lighter one's (fission), or by inducing the formation of heavier nuclei from very light nuclei (fusion).

Hello, thank you for reaching out for resources on energy transfer and nuclear physics. I understand that you are looking for a table that shows the relationship between the number of protons and neutrons in an element and the energy required to bind them together in the nucleus. This type of table is often referred to as a "binding energy table" or a "mass defect table."

There are many resources available online that can provide this information, such as educational websites, scientific databases, and textbooks. I would recommend starting with reputable educational websites such as Khan Academy, which has a section on nuclear physics that includes information on binding energy and mass defect. You can also try searching for specific keywords such as "binding energy table" or "mass defect table" on scientific databases like JSTOR or Google Scholar.

Additionally, if you have access to a university or research library, they may have textbooks or reference materials that contain this type of table. You can also reach out to your local university's physics department or a nuclear physics research group for assistance in finding this information.

I hope this helps in your search for a binding energy table and further understanding of energy transfer in nuclear physics. Best of luck in your research.

Related to Looking for resources to do with energy transfer.

1. What are some common forms of energy transfer?

Common forms of energy transfer include heat, light, sound, and electrical energy.

2. How do energy transfers occur?

Energy transfers occur when energy is transferred from one object or system to another through various processes such as conduction, convection, and radiation.

3. What are some examples of energy transfer in everyday life?

Examples of energy transfer in everyday life include turning on a light switch (electrical energy to light energy), boiling water on a stove (heat energy to thermal energy), and using a phone (chemical energy in the battery to electrical energy).

4. How can I find resources to learn more about energy transfer?

You can find resources to learn more about energy transfer by researching online, reading books or articles, watching educational videos, or attending lectures or workshops on the topic.

5. Why is understanding energy transfer important?

Understanding energy transfer is important because it helps us understand how energy moves and changes forms in different systems, which can have significant impacts on our daily lives and the environment.