Looking for a summer internship

In summary: Thanks for the input! In summary, if you are looking for a summer internship, you should begin looking as early as February or March.
Regtic
I'm looking for a summer internship but I don't really know what to expect. I don't have a degree, I'm still finishing my D.E.C (2 year science program in Quebec that comes inbetween grade 11 and uni) and I probably have the knowledge equivalent of a 1-2 semester-in undergraduate in the US. I'm interested in physics and I was thinking about taking the opportunity this summer to do something related to that. I was going to post something on craigslist and see if anything comes up. I could MIO one of my physics teachers but I have no idea if they are even involved in any kind of physics related work. I think CEGEP is somewhat similar to a community college in the US, except it's a required stage before uni.

Does anyone know of some kind of work or have any advice about what I could do to get some experience this summer? I apologize for coming off so naive, I'm just wondering about some different possible things I could do this summer.

Physics news on Phys.org
I know you're new to this, but...

You are very very late to be looking for a summer internship right now. Your search should have begun in February or March at the latest.

I am not as familiar with opportunities in Canada, so I don't think I can be of much help there. If you manage to find summer work of any sort I think you ought to be grateful. Sorry...

JakeBrodskyPE said:
I know you're new to this, but...

You are very very late to be looking for a summer internship right now. Your search should have begun in February or March at the latest.

I am not as familiar with opportunities in Canada, so I don't think I can be of much help there. If you manage to find summer work of any sort I think you ought to be grateful. Sorry...

Ya I had a feeling this was the case, I was just making sure I considered everything.

Related to Looking for a summer internship

What is a summer internship?

A summer internship is a temporary work opportunity for students or recent graduates to gain practical experience in their field of study. It typically takes place during the summer months and can last anywhere from a few weeks to a few months.

Why should I look for a summer internship?

Summer internships provide valuable hands-on experience and allow you to apply what you have learned in the classroom to real-world situations. It also gives you the opportunity to network and make connections in your field, which can be beneficial for future job opportunities.

How do I find a summer internship?

There are many ways to search for summer internships. You can start by checking with your school's career center, networking with professionals in your field, and using online job search engines and internship databases.

What should I look for in a summer internship?

When searching for a summer internship, consider the type of work you will be doing, the skills you will learn, the company culture, and the potential for future job opportunities. It's important to find an internship that aligns with your career goals and interests.

How do I apply for a summer internship?

To apply for a summer internship, you will typically need to submit a resume, cover letter, and any other required application materials. Make sure to tailor your application to the specific internship and highlight relevant skills and experiences. It's also important to apply early and follow up with the employer after submitting your application.