Change and Resistance: The Driving Forces of the Universe

In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of change and its relation to resistance, energy, and time. The idea that change is meaningless without time and memory is mentioned, as well as the mathematical representation of change through derivatives. The conversation also touches on the concept of change in relation to energy equations, specifically E=mc^2, and how resistance to change plays a role in this equation. Some confusion is expressed about incorporating resistance to change into the equation.
scott_sieger
[SOLVED] Resistance to change

Change in continuum

Just thoughts on the subject of change

When change is demanded of another. say a star requires it’s satellites to change due to it’s own changes and the “changor” refuses to change but the change is required the changor will essentially reconfigure it self until it changes.And by the same token the Changee loses energy in the attempt to change the changor.

It’s a bit like firing a bullet at a wall. The wall must conform to the change demanded by the bullet. In doing so the wall gets a hole in it. If resistance to change is not present then the energy of the bullet would not be lost.

I think what I am dwelling on here is that change could also be described as another force or maybe another force that is an outcome of other forces.

I am also thinking of, say, atomic fission where one particle requires change of another and this resistance to change generates outcomes such as heat and disintegration.

Is there any name given to this force apart from time? Is there any mathematical symbols used to describe change? (I was never good at maths)

We have Energy (the bullet) then we have resistance to that energy ( the wall) then we have an out come of that energy (Hole in wall and loss of energy in the bullet)

As the bullet passes through many walls the bullet loses it’s energy and eventually it has no ability to affect change.

The thinking is that for a good energy equation I am feeling that resistance to change has to be considered. And was wondering how e=mc^2 allows for this?

Any ideas?

Physics news on Phys.org
I don't know what you're talking about. Change is meaningless without time; without time and memory how can one even be aware of change? Yes, the math for change is the derivative of f(t) with respect to time, where f(t) is some function of time. Taking the derivative (any number of times) of this function tells us its rate of change (like velocity, m/s) or rate of rate of change (like acceleration, m/s^2) or even sometimes rate of rate of rate of change (like a jerk, m/s^3). I see change thus: It is a perception and an abstract concept, but has no true basis in reality, as no particle I know of has the ability to remember the previous instant, unless one considers its reaction to something that happened a moment ago to be a memory of that event. In this way, change is like numbers: it kind of exists in its own right, but not in the way you are asking about in this thread.

yes ...true ..change is self evident whether remembered or not...as such...but so is energy and so on.

But I think I was really asking how does E=MC^2 which is said to be at rest frame allows for the change needed because the energy used is always reflected on the energy needed to provoke change. How does Resistance to change come into the picture?

Maybe this question is too complicated to put into a few words?

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldn't follow the question, sorry.

1. What is change and resistance?

Change refers to the process of transformation or alteration, while resistance refers to the force that opposes change. Together, they are the driving forces of the universe that govern all natural and man-made processes.

2. Why is change necessary?

Change is necessary for growth and progress. Without change, things would remain stagnant and unable to adapt to new environments or circumstances. Change also allows for diversity and evolution in the universe.

3. How do we identify resistance?

Resistance can manifest in many forms, including physical, emotional, and mental barriers. It can also be seen in the form of opposition or pushback against change. Identifying resistance requires careful observation and analysis of behaviors, attitudes, and reactions.

4. How do we overcome resistance?

To overcome resistance, it is important to first understand the root cause of it. This can involve open communication, empathy, and compromise. Finding common ground and addressing underlying fears or concerns can help to reduce resistance and promote change.

5. Can change and resistance be measured?

Yes, change and resistance can be measured through various scientific methods and tools. For example, changes in physical properties such as temperature, mass, or velocity can be quantified using mathematical equations. Resistance can also be measured through surveys, observations, and experiments to determine its intensity and impact.