Login Difficulty: Unable to Sign in

• Bug
  • Thread starter symbolipoint
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses a forum problem where the button link at the top still shows "LOG IN OR SIGN UP" despite signing in. The moderator suggests moving the post to a new topic and confirms that it has been done. Another user suggests closing and reopening the tab to fix the issue, but others report that the forum is still not functioning properly. It is later revealed that there are problems with the PF server.
symbolipoint
Homework Helper
Education Advisor
Gold Member
My post belongs in a new topic but I find this problem.
I signed in but button link at top still shows "LOG IN OR SIGN UP"; so this appears to be a current forum problem. If this posting gets onto the forum then I really am signed in but if not then sign-in process failed to sign me in.

Moderator can move this post as a new topic.
[Moderator says: "Done"]

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Still showing LOG IN OR SIGN UP, even after I was presented and filled-in the new sign-in screen. Forum not acting right.

A while ago I had that issue, I closed my tab and reopened it and it fixed it, a second time it happened I went into a new forum then reentered the forum and it was fixed

I did not have the same luck as you did, Stephenk53. I even closed the browser before trying again. This later morning, and also while on a different machine, everything I find is going normally well.

Related to Login Difficulty: Unable to Sign in

1. Why am I having trouble logging in?

There can be several reasons for difficulty logging in, including incorrect login credentials, internet connection issues, and website/server problems. It is also possible that your account has been suspended or deleted.

2. What should I do if I am unable to sign in?

First, check your login credentials to make sure they are correct. If you are still unable to sign in, try resetting your password. If the issue persists, contact the website or app's customer support for further assistance.

3. Can I use my social media accounts to log in?

Some websites and apps allow users to log in using their social media accounts, but this is not always an option. If you are having trouble logging in with your social media account, try using your email and password instead.

4. Why does it say my account is locked?

If you have entered an incorrect password multiple times, your account may become locked for security purposes. Try resetting your password or contact customer support for assistance in unlocking your account.

5. Is this a common issue?

Login difficulties can happen for a variety of reasons, so it is not uncommon for users to experience trouble signing in. However, if the issue persists or if many other users are reporting the same problem, it may be a larger technical issue that needs to be addressed by the website or app's developers.