Is PF Experiencing Login Issues Across Different Devices?

• Thread starter ZapperZ
  • Start date
In summary, PF is having technical issues. Yesterday, I was seeing a Log In bar at the top of the main page on my iPad. It was only on the main page. If I click on other forum, that Log In bar was gone and the forum knew who I was. On the main page, if I tried logging in, it got back to me that there was a problem and to reload and try again. Eventually, late last night, I did manage to log in and the Log In bar was gone. But this morning, it is now being displayed on the main page from my Desktop webpage. The Log In bar
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
Is PF having technical issues?

Yesterday, I was seeing a Log In bar at the top of the main page on my iPad. It was only on the main page. If I click on other forum, that Log In bar was gone and the forum knew who I was. On the main page, if I tried logging in, it got back to me that there was a problem and to reload and try again.

Eventually, late last night, I did manage to log in and the Log In bar was gone. But this morning, it is now being displayed on the main page from my Desktop webpage. The Log In bar also appears when I go into a couple of forums so far. It isn't displayed in the Feedback forum (how convenient), which allowed me to post this message because in the Feedback forum, it's as if I never left!

pf page.jpg

Again, if I tried to log in by clicking the Log In button on the main page bar, and it is giving me the same problem.

So, is PF infected by the coronavirus?

Zz.

Physics news on Phys.org
Any way to clear the cache on ipad? The login bar is working ok for me on all pages.

Greg Bernhardt said:
Any way to clear the cache on ipad? The login bar is working ok for me on all pages.
Settings->Safari->”Clear History and Website Data” if using Safari.

Likes Greg Bernhardt
Greg Bernhardt said:

my iPad is working now, but my desktop Interface is now having the issue. In fact, I could not reply to this post because the log in button has now also appeared in the Feedback forum. It wasnt there just a few mins ago when I created this thread. I had to reply to this on my iPad.

Zz.

I had similar problems yesterday on my Chromebook. Refresh did not help, but reboot fixed it.

This problem seems to be occurring in some of the forum, but not all. And it is appearing in forum that just a few mins ago, recognized who I was.

I was on a windows machine using Firefox. I may migrate to my MacBook in a few mins when I run my Zoom session for my students.

Zz.

I am also having some problems where when I click on certain threads it appears as if I am no longer logged in, but if I go back and click on another thread, I am still logged in.

Obviously the forum is infected.

Anyone who has been on physicsforums in the last week must go into isolation with their computer for 14 days. Doctor's orders.

• Haha
Likes anorlunda
DaveC426913 said:

Anyone who has been on physicsforums in the last week must go into isolation with their computer for 14 days. Doctor's orders.

You should also not forget to wash your computer with soap and water.

Zz.

• Haha
Likes anorlunda
ZapperZ said:
You should also not forget to wash your computer with soap and water.

Zz.
Or with isopropyl alcohol.

DaveC426913 said:

Makes at least as much sense as some of the other 'recommendations' floating around the web!

Tom.G said:
Makes at least as much sense as some of the other 'recommendations' floating around the web!
Probably . . . . 😩https://news.softpedia.com/news/fake-corona-antivirus-for-windows-claims-it-offers-protection-against-covid-19-529540.shtml?utm_source=spd_bottombar&utm_medium=spd_newspage&utm_campaign=spd_related

• Wow
Likes DrClaude

1. What is the purpose of logging in on the main page?

Logging in on the main page allows users to access their personal account and all of its features, such as viewing their profile, settings, and saved information.

2. How do I log in on the main page?

To log in on the main page, simply click on the "Log In" button located on the top right corner of the page. Then, enter your username and password and click "Log In".

3. What if I forgot my password?

If you forgot your password, click on the "Forgot Password?" link on the login page. You will be prompted to enter your email address and a password reset link will be sent to you.

4. Can I stay logged in on the main page?

Yes, there is an option to "Remember Me" when logging in on the main page. This will keep you logged in for a certain period of time, even if you close the browser or navigate away from the page.

5. Is it safe to log in on the main page?

Yes, logging in on the main page is safe as long as you are on a secure and trusted website. Make sure to check for the lock icon in the URL bar and only enter your login information on official and verified pages.