Super Nintendo Game Genie Codes

• Thread starter Sting
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Game
In summary: If you're looking for SNES ROMs specifically, I suggest checking out www.gamegenie.com. They have a searchable database of games and their corresponding codes.
Sting
A friend of mine recently gave me a copy of Spiderman and X-Men: Arcade's Revenge for my Super Nintendo (yes, I still have mine and play it).

The game, surprisingly, is rather difficult and I don't have the patience to go through a lengthy level only to have my character die.

In search of game genie codes for the game, I cannot find a code(s) that will make Wolverine invincible.

Anybody have the code(s) or a way to program it (programming would be fun)?

Computer science news on Phys.org
As far as I can remember, game genie codes work by taking in an encoded cheat code, which is translated to a memory address and a value by the cart. This is then applied as a memory hack to maintain the value at a set one etc. So, without knowledge of how the cart stores it's data, I can't help you...

Sorry.

Aww poo, i typed a whole bunch of stuff about game genie/shark codes and then spazzed out and lost it.

anyhow, the codes are in hex format. You can actually use a hex calculator to figure out other codes.

Also, if you don't like the codes availible to you, try an emulator out. I can't remember what kind, but there is one with a built in cheat maker. With this, you can take a numerical value, such as number of lifes, and search for the ram code that controls it. Then, by entering the code into the game genie, it causes that particular code to stay at a certain value. This is how you can have infinite lives or immortality. Using the proper emulator, you can make some really cool codes.

You should have seen what we were doing to Gran Turismo 2 once I learned the game genie works off the same principle. Flying cars.

Anyhow, if your lazy like I am now days, and have better things to do then hack video games, check out the link below.

http://www.gamegenie.com/cheats/snes/genie/spidermanxmenarcade.shtml [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
lol, thanks Megashawn and FZ+.

When I manage to have some freetime, I try different codes (like changing the fourth character) and seeing how it works (so far I managed to make the game even more difficult by disabling Spiderman's web shooters).

There are really two sides to the issue. One, I want to see the ending of the game without having to spend hours at a time (hours that could be very well spent reading something) and two, it gives me something technology-related to do (it's like Statistics and Computer Science all in one).

Hey, there are studies left and right they say how useful video games have been on my generation.

Personally, I feel like I'm better cooridinated, more attentive then my parents. I'd have to say that playing video games since I could walk definately helped.

Of course, FPS is where the gains are at.

Good luck gaming.

BTW, you really might look into an emulator. If nothing else, you could download a save file from somewhere, I can help if you need it, and see the ending.

Hey Megashawn,

Video games have improved my response time and coordination so I can see why video games can be beneficial (but I don't play video games so much like I use to because of the work schedule).

I have a SNES emulator and I'm trying to find a site with an NES or N64 emulator and respective ROMS. I think the NES games are great.

Speaking of NES, have you ever played the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles? Has anyone ever beaten that game?

I played that original tmnt game till my fingers were raw. It was pretty fun.

I've not really looked for roms in a long time, and seems like all the sites you search for are garbage.

Best advice I could give you is doing some searching on Direct Connect
www.neo-modus.com

Trick to DC is you have to 1) share a pretty good quantity of files, like music or games or 2) find a share faker and don't get caught.

When I get home I'll see if some of my old links are still good, right now I'm limited.

Note:

Don't pass on details of ROMs etc here, as their legality are dubious and we don't want to get PF into trouble, do we?

Direct connect isn't a place for illegal software. Its a chat server, with the ability to share files in a closed, peer to peer network.

So, its really depending on the individuals who use the networks as to what you find.

And besides, as long as he owns the original copy of the game, it is not illegal to download the rom.

Seems discussing this stuff would be similar to typing "Snes Roms" at your favorite search engine.

Don't mean to Hijack this thread but i don't know forums too well.

Got a problem if anyone can help.
RE: SNES Game Genie Codes

Note: All the codes that I am trying at one row. When i put in a code it works fine. But when i put in two codes or more still only the first code works. I check this out by putting in the same codes that i put on the first line(that worked fine) after another code that i put before this and it didn't work. What is going on with my game genie. Is there some sort of button that i press to say it's a two row code or a single row code I am putting in? please help

thanx

Sorry to bring back an old thread (and make reference to a site I founded in '99), but if you want codes for retro systems, you should go to GSHI.org.

What is a Super Nintendo Game Genie Code?

A Super Nintendo Game Genie Code is a series of numbers and letters that can be entered into a Game Genie device or emulator in order to modify a video game's code and enable various cheats and enhancements.

How do I use Super Nintendo Game Genie Codes?

To use a Super Nintendo Game Genie Code, you will need a Game Genie device or emulator. Start the game you want to use the code for, then enter the code into the Game Genie. The code will then modify the game's code and enable the cheat or enhancement.

Where can I find Super Nintendo Game Genie Codes?

You can find Super Nintendo Game Genie Codes online through various websites and forums. You can also find codes in gaming magazines and strategy guides.

Are Super Nintendo Game Genie Codes legal to use?

Super Nintendo Game Genie Codes are not illegal to use, but they may be considered cheating by some players. It is important to note that using codes may also alter the game's intended experience and may lead to glitches or bugs.

Can Super Nintendo Game Genie Codes harm my game or console?

Using Super Nintendo Game Genie Codes does not pose any risk to your game or console. However, as with any modification or cheat, there is a possibility of encountering glitches or bugs. It is always recommended to use codes at your own risk.