Where I've Been For The Past Three Days

• Thread starter dduardo
  • Start date
In summary, the individual went on a trip to Embry-Riddle in Daytona for a programming competition. They arrived on Friday at 5:00 PM after leaving Miami at 11:30 AM and checked into a hotel. They had dinner at Hops and went back to the hotel to talk about computers until 1:00 AM. The next day, they had breakfast at 7:00 AM and went to the competition, where they only solved one problem in five hours. They had dinner and watched the award ceremony, but did not win anything. Later, they went to Hooters to watch the World Series and then back to the hotel to drink beer. They drove back home on Sunday at
dduardo
Staff Emeritus
I'm sure everyone missed me during my little vacation away from physicsforums. I went to Embry-Riddle in Daytona for the South-Eastern ACM Programming Compeition. Here is a little outline of my weekend:

1) Left Miami at around 11:30 AM Eastern on Friday
2) Ate at a Burger King in a Florida Turnpike Rest Area
2) Got to Daytona at around 5:00 PM
3) Checked in at a Days Inn
4) Pickupped contest t-shirts and ate pizza at Embry Riddle
5) Went back to Days Inn and played football
6) Dinner at Hops. Had A half rack of ribs
7) Again went back to hotel and talked computers until 1:00AM
8) Got up at 7:00AM on Saturday
9) Left for Embry Riddle at 8:00AM
10) Ate a doughnut for breakfest
11) Had practice with teammates
12) Ate Brownies and prezetals for lunch.( Main course was crap)
13) Went to competion
14) Solved 1 Problem in 5 Hours(Just Crap)
15) Had baked ziti for dinner
16) Went to award ceremony( Didn't get anything)
17) Went back to hotel
18) Went to Hooters to watch the world series.( Marlins WON!)
19) Watched colleages and professor down many pitchers of beer.
20) Drove everyone back to hotel
21) At the hotel a couple people went to a gasoline store to get a twelve pack
22) Finished twelve pack. I drove two people to another gas store( the other one closed) and got another 12 pack.
23) Went to bed at 3:30AM
24) Got up just before check out
25) Ate breakfast at ihop.
26) Went to Cape Canaveral Beach
27) Got back home at around 8:00 PM on Sunday

Wow, what a school trip!

Physics news on Phys.org
28)you won the brain teaser 60

It sounds like you had a jam-packed weekend full of fun and competition. I'm sure your experience at Embry-Riddle was both challenging and exciting. It's great that you were able to solve one problem during the competition, even though it may not have been the result you were hoping for. And congratulations to the Marlins for winning the World Series! It's always a great feeling when your favorite team comes out on top. I'm sure watching the game at Hooters with your colleagues and professor was a memorable experience. And let's not forget about the late-night adventures to the gas store for more beer. It seems like you made the most out of your time in Daytona. Thanks for sharing your weekend with us!

1. Where have you been for the past three days?

I have been conducting research at a remote field station in the mountains.

2. Why were you gone for three days?

I needed to collect data and samples for my experiment, which required me to stay at the field station for an extended period of time.

3. What were you doing for three days straight?

I was carrying out various experiments and observations related to my research project.

4. Did you have any breakthroughs during your three day absence?

Yes, I made some significant discoveries and gathered valuable data that will contribute to my research findings.

5. How did you manage to stay for three days without any communication?

There was limited access to communication technology at the field station, but I was able to check in periodically and update my colleagues and superiors on my progress. I also made sure to have a detailed plan in place before leaving for my trip, so that everything would continue to run smoothly in my absence.