Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

List of small site edits II

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Admin

Ackbach

Indicium Physicus
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Rochester, MN
The other thread was getting too long to navigate, so I'm going to create this new thread to handle small site edits.

Sudharaka

MHB Math Helper
Feb 5, 2012
Canada

MarkFL

Pessimist Singularitarian
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
St. Augustine, FL.
Hi everyone, :)

It seems that in most f the profile pages there's a section appearing called, "Enable New Reply Check". For example see below,

http://mathhelpboards.com/members/sudharaka/?tab=aboutme
I have created a custom profile field that will now allow everyone to decide whether they want the new reply check or not. Go to your settings, and edit profile, and you will find at the bottom of the page, a radio button that will allow you to disable the new reply check if you desire. The default setting is to enable the check, so if you wish to disable it, you will need to edit this field. This profile field is private, and only those with sufficient permissions can view the value of this field on user profiles. :D
Here is the thread in which the issue came up:

http://mathhelpboards.com/questions-comments-feedback-25/new-reply-check-frustrated-feature-site-11762.html

Sudharaka

MHB Math Helper
Feb 5, 2012
Canada

topsquark

MHB Math Helper
Aug 30, 2012
The Astral plane
I just posted a rather long winded solution for a POTW. I can't find a way to preview the post? Or am I missing something. (It was rather inconvenient that I couldn't check the LaTeX on this site.) Could you please enable that?

Thanks!

-Dan

MarkFL

Pessimist Singularitarian
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
St. Augustine, FL.
I just posted a rather long winded solution for a POTW. I can't find a way to preview the post? Or am I missing something. (It was rather inconvenient that I couldn't check the LaTeX on this site.) Could you please enable that?

Thanks!

-Dan
Hello, Dan!

The addon we are using for custom forms unfortunately does not include a preview function when you add a WYSIWYG editor question type to a form. We were surprised and disappointed about this, We have since investigated the discussion thread that accompanies this addon and learned that while both the original developer and the developer that has taken over this addon are aware of this, and have stated perhaps this will be added in the future, so far it has not.

Until we can figure out how to fix this, I would suggest composing your solution submission to a POTW by acting as if you are going to post a new thread in any of our forums, and use the editor with preview on that page, and once you are happy with your submission, you can then copy/paste it to the POTW form and abandon the new thread page. I know this isn't ideal, but it's the best suggestion I can give at present. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
This thread is from 2014 and should be closed. I'll work on this during the week as I can.

topsquark

MHB Math Helper
Aug 30, 2012
The Astral plane
Oops! I didn't look at the date. I thought this was the new one.

-Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.