Are the people encountered in time travel the same as in the present?

• Thread starter MathematicalPhysicist
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Idea Time
In summary, the conversation was discussing the concept of time being relative according to Einstein. It was mentioned that when someone goes back in time, they are going through their own time frame while others are not affected by it. There was a question about whether the people encountered in the past are the same as in the present, with the assumption that encountering oneself in the past would result in destruction. The possibility of time travel was also brought up, with a reference to the movie Back to the Future. The conversation ended with a question about the possibility of going back in time while the rest of the universe's time reference moves forward.
MathematicalPhysicist
Gold Member
now let's say time is relative (which it is, from einstein), now that's implies the next thing:
when someone is going back in time he's going through his own time frame while the others are in their own time frames are not affected by it (because if the other choice was correct that will assume that one man can effect all the human race which is to me unlikely).
my question are the people he encouters are the same as in the present (i mean particlewise {im asking this because there the assumption that when you encounter yourself in the past you will be destoryed from this i get that he was made out of anti particles is this the same with people})?

Physics news on Phys.org
when someone is going back in time

There is no evidence that this is possible.

Originally posted by mathman

Haven't you seen Back to the Future?

Originally posted by mathman
im assuming it can be done.

another thing about time.
let's say i go back in time in the time refrence of universe i will go back in time but my time refrence will go forward.
what do you think?

1. Who are the people encountered in time travel?

The people encountered in time travel are individuals who exist in a different time period than the present. They could be people from the past, present, or future, depending on the time period being traveled to.

2. Are the people encountered in time travel the same as the ones in the present?

No, the people encountered in time travel are not the same as the ones in the present. They may have the same name and physical appearance, but they are from a different time and may have different experiences and personalities.

3. Can people encountered in time travel interact with their present selves?

It is not possible for people encountered in time travel to interact with their present selves. This is because time travel involves traveling to a different time period, and the present self would not exist in that time period.

4. Can people encountered in time travel change the course of history?

It is a common belief that people encountered in time travel may have the ability to change the course of history. However, this is a highly debated topic in the scientific community and there is currently no concrete evidence to support this claim.

5. How do people encountered in time travel affect the present timeline?

The impact of people encountered in time travel on the present timeline is a complex and heavily debated topic. Some theories suggest that any changes made in the past would create alternate timelines, while others suggest that the present timeline would be altered. However, there is no scientific evidence to prove either theory.