Twin positive voltage senser HELP

In summary, the speaker is looking for a small electrical circuit that can control an output voltage in DC between zero and 6 volts. The input for the circuit is from a 24-volt commercial vehicle with two positive feed wires, one with a constant 27 volts and the other with a varying voltage between 24 and 22 volts. The output voltage is between 3 and 5 volts when measured with a voltmeter across the two wires. They need the circuit to be able to measure this voltage and output a similar varying voltage, completely isolated from the first circuit. The speaker has other power source options available (3V, 5V, 12V, 24V) and the output is only for sensing, so
sirdoalot
Hi Folks

Can anybody help me; I am looking for a small electrical circuit
to control an output voltage in DC between Zero to 6 volts.
The input for the circuit is from a 24-volt commercial vehicle,
but my difficulty lies in the fact
It comprises of two positive feed wires driving an electric magnet.
One of the feed wires has 27 volts traveling through it constantly,
the other has a varying voltage between 24 and 22 volts,
this gives an output voltage of between three and five volts
when measured with a voltmeter across the two wires.
The circuit I am looking for Needs to be able to measure this voltage
and output a similar varying voltage but completely isolated from the first circuit.
I have available other source supplies to power the output IE 3 volt, 5 volt,
12 volt, 24 volt.
The output Is just for sensing so needs very little current.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Use an iso amp.

- Warren

Hello,

I am not an expert in electrical circuits, but I can provide some suggestions that may help you in finding a solution. One option could be to use a voltage divider circuit to reduce the 24-27 volt input to a range of 0-6 volts. This can be achieved by using two resistors in series, with the varying voltage wire connected to the junction between them. The output voltage can then be measured using a voltmeter.

To isolate the output voltage, you can use an optocoupler. This is a device that uses light to transfer electrical signals between two isolated circuits. It can be used to control the output voltage based on the input voltage from the vehicle.

Another option could be to use a voltage regulator circuit, which can take in a range of input voltages and output a constant voltage. This can help in maintaining a stable output voltage despite the varying input voltage.

I hope these suggestions help in finding a suitable solution for your twin positive voltage sensor. Best of luck!

1. What is a twin positive voltage senser?

A twin positive voltage senser is a device used in electrical circuits to detect and measure positive voltage. It consists of two sensing elements that work together to detect voltage and provide a reading.

2. How does a twin positive voltage senser work?

A twin positive voltage senser works by using two sensing elements, typically transistors, to detect voltage. One transistor acts as a reference while the other responds to changes in voltage. The difference in voltage between the two is then measured and converted into a reading.

3. What are the benefits of using a twin positive voltage senser?

Some benefits of using a twin positive voltage senser include increased accuracy in voltage measurement, the ability to detect low voltage levels, and a faster response time compared to other voltage sensing devices.

4. Can a twin positive voltage senser be used in both AC and DC circuits?

Yes, a twin positive voltage senser can be used in both AC and DC circuits. However, it is important to make sure that the device is compatible with the specific type of circuit being used.

5. What are some common applications of twin positive voltage sensers?

Twin positive voltage sensers are commonly used in electronic devices, power supplies, and electrical testing equipment. They can also be used in industrial settings for monitoring and controlling voltage levels.