Racism and Islamophobics in USA.

• News
  • Thread starter pelastration
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Usa
In summary, the U.S. Radio chain Clear Channel is apologizing for an Islamophobic skit that claimed Muslims have sex with animals, avoid bathing and are obsessed with killing Jews. The skit is allegedly from a recent Bill Handel show on the station. Muslims have called for a Pentagon probe into the photo.
pelastration
What is this all about? I just found this. Any more information?
It seems that the newcon's strategy is to speed up 'fear and hate' inside US. Violence inside US will bring motives for a 'tougher' Patriot Act.

http://www.islamonline.net/English/News/2004-03/17/article05.shtml

U.S. Radio 'To Apologize' For Islamophobic Skit

Handel's show came under fire and drew the chain's apology for the slurs

WASHINGTON, March 17 (IslamOnline.net & News Agencies) - The U.S. largest radio chain is to apologize on air for an Islamophobic skit that claimed Muslims have sex with animals, avoid bathing and are obsessed with killing Jews, an official of Clear Channel Communications station KFI said on Tuesday, March 16.

*snip*
In the March 10 Bill Handel show on the station, a pretend "Muslim" allegedly reading from the new Iraqi constitution refers to "hairy Iraqi women," "lovely Japanese schoolgirls," the "infidel custom of bathing on a regular basis," and "civil unions" between Iraqis and "loving camels and goats".

Throughout the skit, the mock Muslim repeatedly stated "Allah be praised," "death to the Jews" and "kill all Jews."

*snip*

-----

U.S. Muslims seek Pentagon probe on Iraq photo
Soldier's sign says he killed boy's father, impregnated sister

The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) today called for a Pentagon investigation of a photograph circulating on the Internet that apparently shows an American soldier mocking an Iraqi child.

The photo sent to CAIR seems to be of an American soldier standing next to two Iraqi children who are giving the thumbs-up sign. One child holds a hand-lettered sign in English that reads: "Lcpl Boudreaux killed my Dad, th(en) he knocked up my sister!" ("Knocked up" is American slang for making someone pregnant out of wedlock.)

See: http://www.cair-net.org/images/lcpl11.jpg

http://www.cair-net.org/asp/article.asp?id=1058&page=NR

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Yeah, this is what passes for good old American patriotism.

Lurkers & Spooks

I would suggest that certain "Agencies" are in fact responsible for the origin of such material.

Nommos Prime (Dogon) said:
I would suggest that certain "Agencies" are in fact responsible for the origin of such material.

Well, it is Clear Channel.

I don't condone the bit, but in our ultra-PC society, you're only allowed to make fun of people exactly identical to yourself apparently.

BTW, where did you guys stand on the free speech issue? Maybe I should go get some quotes from that thread and see how they match up in this thread...

russ_watters said:
BTW, where did you guys stand on the free speech issue? Maybe I should go get some quotes from that thread and see how they match up in this thread...
Yes Russ ... please do.

pelastration said:
Muslims have sex with animals, avoid bathing and are obsessed with killing Jews

"hairy Iraqi women," "lovely Japanese schoolgirls," the "infidel custom of bathing on a regular basis," and "civil unions" between Iraqis and "loving camels and goats".

After spending quite a bit of time in the middle east and Japan, I would have to say that the japanese schoolgirls weren't all that lovely.

russ_watters said:
I don't condone the bit, but in our ultra-PC society, you're only allowed to make fun of people exactly identical to yourself apparently.

give me a break russ, if any of your paranoid delusions were reality there would be no photograph to even speak about.

It's Clear Channel. As long as it isn't against Bush or about "bush" it is fine.

Njorl

Can you guys fill this thread with anymore mind numbing rhetoric?

1. What is the definition of racism?

Racism is the belief that one race is superior to another and the discrimination or prejudice towards individuals of a certain race based on their perceived racial characteristics.

2. How prevalent is racism in the USA?

Racism has been a longstanding issue in the USA and continues to be prevalent, particularly towards African Americans and other marginalized communities. According to a 2019 study by the Pew Research Center, 64% of Americans say racism is a "big problem" in the country.

3. What is the definition of Islamophobia?

Islamophobia is the fear, hatred, or prejudice towards Islam and Muslims, often leading to discrimination and bias against individuals who practice the religion.

4. How does racism intersect with Islamophobia in the USA?

Racism and Islamophobia intersect in the USA as both perpetuate discrimination and prejudice towards marginalized communities. Muslims, particularly those who are of Middle Eastern or South Asian descent, often face discrimination based on both their race and religion.

5. What can be done to address racism and Islamophobia in the USA?

Addressing racism and Islamophobia requires systemic and societal changes. This includes educating oneself about these issues, actively speaking out against discrimination, supporting and amplifying marginalized voices, and advocating for policies and laws that promote equality and inclusivity.