Explore San Francisco: Must-See Attractions & Activities

• Thread starter Entropia
  • Start date
In summary, people have recommended various things to do in San Francisco, such as visiting Twin Peaks for a view, exploring Chinatown, walking on the Golden Gate Bridge, going on a wine country tour, and checking out Fisherman's Wharf and Berkeley. It is advised to avoid walking on Mission Street late at night. The Ghiradelli area near the bay is also recommended. BART is suggested for getting around the city.
Entropia
Hello People,

Anybody know of any interesting things to do in San Fransisco?

Anything one *must see*?

Physics news on Phys.org
Based on a few visits to SF as a tourist, some of the things I've enjoyed:

the view from Twin Peaks.

walking around Chinatown and trying to decide where to eat.

walking out onto the Golden Gate Bridge for the view

going out on a tour of wine country with a friend who lived there (thankfully, he had a car and everything)

checking out the babes at Berkeley (kind of a personal favorite and not quite San Francisco proper).

There are a couple of other "tourist trap" standards like the piers and such, but am guessing any Bay Area natives around here can probably answer this better than I could.

Originally posted by Entropia
Hello People,

Anybody know of any interesting things to do in San Fransisco?

Anything one *must see*?

FISHERMAN'S WARF! I love that place! Fresh fish, straight out of the SF bay.

Also, you should check out China Town. You could get great deals on stuff there.

If you go to the bay, at night, you could see the moon refelected on the bay. It's really pretty. My mom's friend took us there once...

use BART when getting around town, it's a great mass transit system...see alcatraz if you can too...
and since you are a gal Entropia, you may like the Esprit outlet there...in 1990 when i visited, great clothes were dirt cheap...

never go there,
longing to visit Chicago first.

1) Do *NOT* walk down Mission Street late at night.
2) Berkeley is a carnival, wandering around the student area south of the university is loads of fun.
3) There is a touristy Ghiradelli zone near the bay, it's rather pretty.

1. What are some must-see attractions in San Francisco?

Some must-see attractions in San Francisco include the Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz Island, Fisherman's Wharf, Chinatown, and the Painted Ladies.

2. How can I get around the city of San Francisco?

San Francisco has a variety of transportation options including buses, cable cars, streetcars, and rideshare services. You can also walk or rent a bike to explore the city.

3. What are some popular activities in San Francisco?

Some popular activities in San Francisco include visiting museums such as the Exploratorium and the de Young Museum, taking a ferry ride to Sausalito, and enjoying the local food and wine scene.

4. Is it possible to visit Alcatraz Island?

Yes, it is possible to visit Alcatraz Island. You can take a ferry from Fisherman's Wharf to the island, but it is recommended to book tickets in advance as they often sell out.

5. Are there any free attractions in San Francisco?

Yes, there are several free attractions in San Francisco such as Golden Gate Park, the Cable Car Museum, and the Japanese Tea Garden. You can also walk across the Golden Gate Bridge for free.