Celebrate Victory Day: Remembering Bangladesh's Liberation War

• Thread starter Moni
  • Start date
In summary: In short, the monument commemorates the victory of the Bangladesh Liberation War, which was fought from 1971-1990. The main feature of the monument is the large statue of a soldier standing on a tank, which symbolizes the victory of the Bangladeshi soldiers over the Pakistani soldiers. The inside of the monument contains a museum containing exhibits about the history of the Bangladesh Liberation War, as well as photos and personal belongings of some of the key figures involved in the war.
Moni
Victory Day !

16 December is our Victory Day - On this day, after the nine month long independence war with Pakistan, the occupying armed forces of Pakistan formally surrendered to the allied forces of Bangladesh and India.

http://www.webbangladesh.com/photogallery/16th_dec/index.htm [Broken]
http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/181_497906,00050004.htm [Broken]

I am enjoying with all my friends and relatives of our country :)
And now want to share with you all my PF pals :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I thought at least anyone of you know about it [b(]

Originally posted by Moni
I am enjoying with all my friends and relatives of our country :)
And now want to share with you all my PF pals :)
Hi Moni, so how was your celebration? What are some typical activities for such a day?

Originally posted by Monique
Hi Moni, so how was your celebration? What are some typical activities for such a day?
Hi, Moni! I would like to know this, too! That first site was an interesting history lesson. I was in high school when this was going on but never really learned what it was all about. For some reason, I couldn't access the second site. I'll try again later.

Congrats Moni It was a great victory

but still good amount of our land is occupied by Pak

Originally posted by Monique

Thanks Monique for your interest :)

My enjoy of the celebration was exellent :)

At night in our national stadium the solders blusted bombs and tank shoted to the sky :)

Next morning, I went to enjoy kids game contest organized by our area :) There was also painting contest among them...these kids really done well... :) Our are commissoner gave prize to them...

In the evening...I with my friend went to War Cemetry...to remember them...and their works and dedication towards our country :)

This is my experience...this year :) Hopy you liked :)

And there are many national activities all over the country...

Our prime minister freed pegions to declare the day very morning...and in our national stadium PM enjoys parad of the Solders :)

And ofcourse all national parites..and all the general ppl went to our sign of proud monument : Shrtishoudho

http://www.geocities.com/serera2000/Bangladesh/sritisaudha.jpg

Thanks again :smile:

That is a really big celebration :) Good initiative of you and your friend to go to the War Cemetary..

Originally posted by Tsunami
Hi, Moni! I would like to know this, too! That first site was an interesting history lesson. I was in high school when this was going on but never really learned what it was all about. For some reason, I couldn't access the second site. I'll try again later.

Thanks Tsunami too, for your interest :)

if you want to know about it I'll inform you

for now you can look at these...and you'll understand why it is so important to us:

http://www.bangladeshliberationwar.com/honour.htm

http://www.bangladesharmy.info/gallery/wargallery.htm [Broken]

Thanks again :)

Monique you can also visit them to know about it...and you'll feel what tragic days ppls past here...

I don't like war actually...I think it should not take place at any corner of this beautiful world :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by himanshu121
Congrats Moni It was a great victory

but still good amount of our land is occupied by Pak

I know... :wink: :wink: :wink:

Originally posted by Moni
Thanks Monique for your interest :)

My enjoy of the celebration was exellent :)

At night in our national stadium the solders blusted bombs and tank shoted to the sky :)

Next morning, I went to enjoy kids game contest organized by our area :) There was also painting contest among them...these kids really done well... :) Our are commissoner gave prize to them...

In the evening...I with my friend went to War Cemetry...to remember them...and their works and dedication towards our country :)

This is my experience...this year :) Hopy you liked :)

And there are many national activities all over the country...

Our prime minister freed pegions to declare the day very morning...and in our national stadium PM enjoys parad of the Solders :)

And ofcourse all national parites..and all the general ppl went to our sign of proud monument : Shrtishoudho

http://www.geocities.com/serera2000/Bangladesh/sritisaudha.jpg

Thanks again :smile:
Moni! What a STUNNING monument that is! What do you know about the design concept? (What it represents?) Can you go inside of it? If yes - what is in there?

1. What is Victory Day?

Victory Day is a national holiday in Bangladesh that commemorates the country's liberation from Pakistan in 1971. It is celebrated on December 16th every year.

2. Why is Victory Day important?

Victory Day is important because it marks the end of Bangladesh's nine-month-long liberation war and the country's independence from Pakistan. It is a day to honor and remember the sacrifices made by the people of Bangladesh during the war.

3. How is Victory Day celebrated?

Victory Day is celebrated with great enthusiasm and patriotism in Bangladesh. The day starts with a 31-gun salute and the national flag is hoisted on all government and private buildings. There are also parades, cultural programs, and special events held to honor the war heroes and martyrs.

4. What happened during the Bangladesh Liberation War?

The Bangladesh Liberation War, also known as the Muktijuddho, was a nine-month-long armed conflict between East Pakistan and West Pakistan. East Pakistan, which is now known as Bangladesh, wanted to break away from West Pakistan and establish itself as an independent country. The war ended on December 16th, 1971, with the surrender of the Pakistani army.

5. How has Victory Day evolved over the years?

Initially, Victory Day was celebrated as a secular holiday in Bangladesh. However, in recent years, it has taken on a more religious tone, and special prayers are offered in mosques and other places of worship. There has also been an increase in the number of cultural events and parades to celebrate the day.