Why is Ticketmaster charging hidden fees for Tom Petty tickets?

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the frustration and dissatisfaction with the fees charged by Ticketmaster when purchasing concert tickets. The speakers suggest alternative ways to avoid these fees, such as purchasing tickets directly from the venue or encouraging bands to use their own ticket company. They also touch upon the idea of standing up against injustice and being a patriotic American.
I just bought two $25 Tom Petty tickets and the total came out to $83.50 and that included free shipping. Disgusting mystery fees!

Physics news on Phys.org
greg, did you ask ticketmaster to break down a list of fees?

yes ticketmaster is a pinicle of the greed and corruption in our society.

I think you should do what Kerrie said and get your money back too!

yep, in American people often seem to think that when we wind up getting ripped-off we should just take it as a lesson. however, nothing changes like that and it is much better to stand up for what you believe is right and work to correct the wrongs that have been done, that is what being a truly patriotic American is all about.

Kyleb you don't act patriotic in the Political subforum.

Anyways Greg have you gotten any results?

funny Nicool003, that is how i feel about you.

yea i noticed this too i was goign to buy 5 bad religion tickets and look on Ticket master the orginal price was $20 each service charge was like 7 and shipping was like 20 so i siad asses to that and went to the club were theior playing and got them for $21 each only $1 service charge so be cool and say asses to TM

They are a whoremongering monopoly! Unfortunately it's hard to avoid them. The Dead have their own ticket company... encourage your bands to do the same. :)

1. Why are people boycotting ticketmaster.com?

People are boycotting ticketmaster.com due to the company's high service fees and monopoly in the ticketing industry. Many consumers feel that the fees are excessive and unfair, and the lack of competition allows ticketmaster.com to charge these fees without consequence.

2. How does ticketmaster.com have a monopoly?

Ticketmaster.com has a monopoly in the ticketing industry because they own and operate many of the major ticketing platforms, including Ticketmaster, TicketWeb, and TicketsNow. They also have exclusive contracts with many venues and artists, making it difficult for competitors to enter the market.

3. Are there any alternatives to using ticketmaster.com?

Yes, there are alternatives to using ticketmaster.com. Some options include purchasing tickets directly from the venue, using ticket reselling platforms such as StubHub or SeatGeek, or supporting smaller ticketing companies that offer lower service fees.

4. How effective is a boycott against ticketmaster.com?

The effectiveness of a boycott against ticketmaster.com is debatable. While a boycott may put pressure on the company to change their practices, it may not have a significant impact on their revenue due to their monopoly in the industry. However, continued public outcry and support for alternative ticketing options may eventually lead to change.

5. What can I do to support the boycott against ticketmaster.com?

If you want to support the boycott against ticketmaster.com, you can choose to purchase tickets from alternative sources, avoid attending events that exclusively use ticketmaster.com, and spread awareness about the issue to others. You can also join online petitions or social media campaigns advocating for fairer ticketing practices.