What is the origin of Nietzsche's quote about woman being God's second mistake?

• Thread starter mikehuntsloose
  • Start date
  • Tags
In summary, Nietzsche's famous quote "What does not kill me, makes me stronger" reflects his philosophy of overcoming adversity and using challenges for personal growth. He wrote this quote in his book "Twilight of the Idols" in 1888, and it is meant to be taken figuratively, not literally. This quote aligns with Nietzsche's concept of "will to power" and has become a popular motto for resilience in modern society.
mikehuntsloose
"Woman was God's second mistake."

Does anyone know what work of Nietzshe's this quote is from?

Physics news on Phys.org
Originally posted by mikehuntsloose
"Woman was God's second mistake."

Does anyone know what work of Nietzshe's this quote is from?

The Antichrist.

What was God's first mistake then?

Jon

Originally posted by Chrono
What was God's first mistake then?

Jon

Himself?

thanks adrenaline

Originally posted by plum
Himself?

I think Nietzsche is referring to the idea that man is a mistake of God. He himself does not agree with it though.

1. What is the meaning behind Nietzsche's famous quote, "What does not kill me, makes me stronger"?

The quote is a reflection of Nietzsche's philosophy of overcoming adversity and using challenges as a means of personal growth and development. It suggests that difficulties and struggles can ultimately make us stronger and more resilient individuals.

2. In what context did Nietzsche originally write this quote?

Nietzsche wrote this quote in his book "Twilight of the Idols" in 1888. It was part of a larger passage discussing the idea of suffering and how it can lead to personal growth.

3. Is this quote meant to be taken literally or figuratively?

This quote is meant to be taken figuratively. Nietzsche was not suggesting that physical harm or danger will actually make us physically stronger, but rather that enduring and overcoming challenges can strengthen our character and willpower.

4. How does this quote relate to Nietzsche's philosophy of "will to power"?

Nietzsche's concept of "will to power" is the driving force behind human behavior and the desire for self-preservation and self-improvement. This quote aligns with that philosophy, as it suggests that overcoming challenges and struggles can lead to personal growth and the strengthening of one's will to power.

5. What is the significance of this quote in modern society?

This quote is often used as a motto for resilience and perseverance in the face of adversity. It has become a popular phrase in self-help and motivational circles, and is often used as a reminder to not let challenges defeat us, but rather to use them as opportunities for growth.