Lens blanks and glasses frames

In summary, the conversation discusses the difficulty in finding information about how prescription eyeglass lenses and frames are made. The websites provided only explain how the lenses are used, but not how they are manufactured. The person is specifically looking for information about the machines and processes used in the production of the lenses and frames. Several websites are suggested but the information is still not found.
Wolf105
Hey everyone, I've been researching for some time now, and I can' find anything about how the actual lens blanks for prescription eyeglass lenses are made, I've looked on websites like this: http://glassescrafter.com/information/how-prescription-glasses-are-made.html but it only explains how the blank is used rather than manufactured... Are they mass produced and if so what machines and machining processes are used? I can't seem to find the information I need for the glasses frames themselves either. I need to know what machines are used for those too. Could anyone provide links please? Thanks in advance!

Engineering news on Phys.org
Been on that one sorry, thanks though

Try this

Related to Lens blanks and glasses frames

What are lens blanks and glasses frames?

Lens blanks are uncut lenses that have the same prescription and curvature as a patient's glasses. Glasses frames are the part of the glasses that hold the lens blanks in place and are typically made of metal or plastic.

How do lens blanks and glasses frames differ?

Lens blanks are the actual lenses that are customized to a specific prescription, while glasses frames are the frames that hold those lenses in place. Lens blanks can be interchanged between different frames, but frames are specific to the size and shape of the lenses.

What materials are lens blanks and glasses frames typically made of?

Lens blanks are usually made of glass or plastic, while glasses frames can be made of metal, plastic, or a combination of both. Some frames may also have additional materials such as wood, titanium, or acetate.

Can lens blanks and glasses frames be purchased separately?

Yes, lens blanks and glasses frames can be purchased separately. This is helpful for those who want to change their frames without needing to update their prescription.

How are lens blanks and glasses frames made?

Lens blanks are created by grinding and polishing a piece of glass or plastic to a specific prescription. Glasses frames are typically made using a combination of molding and cutting techniques, with some frames being handcrafted by skilled artisans.