Learner what is resistance value here.

In summary: So, R1 and R2 would need to be at 1.5 volts.In summary, psparky suggests that you use the voltage division method to find resistor values for a circuit that has a voltage of 50 millivols and a resistance of 5 gigaohms. R1 and R3 should be set to provide 10 picoAmps of current.
zakki
hello people,

in this circuit the voltage be 50 millivolts and R2 is 5 gigaohms how much should be R1 and R3 so that my output current is 10 picoAmps.
R2 is load here.

regards,
zakki.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    2.9 KB · Views: 405
Physics news on Phys.org
Start with voltage division...and V=IR.

Show a little work or thought before we help...

getting a small doubt with the resistors,
which are parallel and in series?
can you tell me the total voltage please?

zakki said:
getting a small doubt with the resistors,
which are parallel and in series?
can you tell me the total voltage please?

You are not listening. As psparky said, you need to show some work on your own before you get help here.

It is against the forum rules to just spoon-feed people answers to homework problems. Please read the forum rules.

brother,
just tell me which are in parallel and which are in series that's it.
i will do the rest of it.

You need to follow the nodes. Always best to redraw the circuit in a manner that is "more obvious" to you. And like I said, this is best done by following the nodes. KVL should give you the answer. However, make sure you've drawn the circuit correctly.

I'll give you some hints...

Step 1.

What voltage do you need at the blue node to find your desired current. Use V=IR.

Step 2.
Pick a value for R3. Now use voltage division to find your last resistor value...using the voltage you just found at the blue node.

BTW...what is your return path for your load? How does it get back to the battery?
I'm guessing the bottom of R2 hooks to the top of R1...making R1 and R2 in parllel?

And if that's the case...I think you will need to combine R1 and R2 in parallel before using voltage division.

Last edited:

Related to Learner what is resistance value here.

1. What is resistance value and how is it measured?

Resistance value is a measure of the opposition to the flow of electric current through a material. It is measured in ohms (Ω) and can be calculated using Ohm's law, which states that resistance is equal to voltage divided by current.

2. What factors affect the resistance value of a material?

The resistance value of a material is affected by its length, cross-sectional area, and temperature. Longer materials have higher resistance, while wider materials have lower resistance. Temperature also affects resistance, with most materials having higher resistance at higher temperatures.

3. How does resistance impact electrical circuits?

Resistance impacts electrical circuits by limiting the flow of current, which can affect the overall performance and functioning of the circuit. High resistance can lead to voltage drops and reduced efficiency, while low resistance can cause overheating and potential damage to the circuit.

4. What are some common materials with high and low resistance?

Materials with high resistance include wood, rubber, and plastic, while materials with low resistance include metals such as copper, gold, and silver. Graphite and carbon are also known for their low resistance, which is why they are used in electronic components like resistors.

5. How can resistance be reduced in a circuit?

Resistance can be reduced in a circuit by using conductive materials with lower resistance, increasing the diameter of wires to decrease their resistance, or by reducing the length of the circuit. Additionally, using components like resistors and capacitors can also help to regulate and reduce resistance in a circuit.