Learn to Draw Molecules with Simple Online Tutorial

In summary, The conversation is about drawing molecules and the person is looking for a link that teaches how to draw simple Lewis Structures. They mention a specific type of diagram with dashes and atom initials and say it's basic chemistry, not college material. The person asking for help is grateful for the provided link and mentions it will help them complete their summer homework.
superweirdo
Hi, you don't have to do this by yourself(if you do this, that would be really nice but we both would have to be online at the same time probably). But there is probably a link online which teaches how to draw molecules. Hint: the one where there are dashes signalling the bonds and atom's initials in a web sort of behavior.(this is basic chem.-no college material)

thx.

Physics news on Phys.org
What exactly is your question, superweirdo?

It seems like he wants to know guidelines for how to draw simple Lewis Structures.

Renge Ishyo said:
It seems like he wants to know guidelines for how to draw simple Lewis Structures.

If that's the case you can take a look at the following thread, superweirdo:

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=126254

Gokul posted some helpful links on this topic.

Regards,

nazzard

thx a lot, now I can complete my summer homework. lol

Related to Learn to Draw Molecules with Simple Online Tutorial

1. What is the purpose of learning to draw molecules?

Learning to draw molecules is important for understanding the structure and function of different chemical compounds. It allows scientists to visualize and manipulate molecules, which is crucial for conducting experiments and developing new drugs or materials.

2. Is it difficult to learn how to draw molecules?

With the help of a simple online tutorial, learning to draw molecules can be relatively easy. It requires practice and patience, but with the right resources and guidance, anyone can learn the basics of drawing molecules.

3. Do I need any special software or tools to learn how to draw molecules?

No, you do not need any special software or tools to learn how to draw molecules. A simple pencil and paper or a digital drawing program can suffice. However, there are also specialized software programs available for more advanced molecule drawing.

4. Can drawing molecules help me in my scientific research?

Absolutely. Drawing molecules is an essential skill for scientists in many fields, such as chemistry, biochemistry, and pharmacology. Being able to accurately represent molecules can aid in data analysis, communication, and the development of new theories and hypotheses.

5. Are there any online resources for learning how to draw molecules?

Yes, there are many online tutorials, videos, and interactive tools available for learning how to draw molecules. These resources can range from basic introductory lessons to more advanced techniques, and can be found on educational websites, scientific organization websites, and even YouTube.