Are Some Media Personalities Promoting Hate and Racism?

• News
  • Thread starter Zero
  • Start date
United States government, through George W. Bush, had anything to do with the attack on the World Trade Center...G:Absolutely. I'm not saying that George W. Bush had anything to do with planning or executing or even knowing about September 11th. What I'm saying is that his political capital, which he earned through his father's blood, was cashed in for a war that had ideological and economic interests for their corporate backers. That's what I'm saying.O': All right, that's a theory. Now that's a theory, and you're certainly entitled to that. But I want to get back to the advertisement.G: It's not just
Zero
And I'm not talking about the ones I simply disagree with, either! I'm talking about people like Ann Coulter, who suggest terrorism against 'liberals' would be suitable, and displays a constant racism that is simply galling. I'm mad at Sean Hanity, who takes a simple quote, which seems perfectly reasonable, and simply invents a context in which to call it bad. And, of course, let's not forget Cal Thomas...the less said about him, the better.

Physics news on Phys.org
heh what i would give to debate hannity or colmes, esp. colmes, i would destroy them at any debate...

Originally posted by Mattius_
heh what i would give to debate hannity or colmes, esp. colmes, i would destroy them at any debate...

Since facts don't bother them, I assume you will be louder than them? It is your only chance, you know.

lol very good point... they are impervious to facts, logic, and deduction...

Originally posted by Mattius_
lol very good point... they are impervious to facts, logic, and deduction...

I know Hannity is...I sometimes hear his lunatic rantings as I'm driving home from work. The man hears a fact he doesn't like, and he changes the subject.

Originally posted by Zero
I know Hannity is...I sometimes hear his lunatic rantings as I'm driving home from work. The man hears a fact he doesn't like, and he changes the subject.

You failed to mention what he does BEFORE changing the subject. He hangs up on the caller.

Hannity often pretends that (with the 3 second delay) the color swore on the air and he had to hang up on them, when in reality the caller merely displayed facts.

Hannity is a sick sick human being. He would be one of the firsts to go...

Last edited by a moderator:
heheh you think its bad now, just wait until there's only 1-3 news companies controlling most of the country's air and print. Even PBS is becoming a soap box for rationalizing the anti-democracy of monopolistic media.

the positive- internet news will burgeon.

We Report, You Decide

You might enjoy this bit from the 5/17/01 show -- Hannity and RFK Jr., via Atrios:
HANNITY: In 1973, the United States imported 36 percent of its oil. Today, it's almost 60 percent that we're importing presently.

ANWR production, based on the lower numbers, anywhere between six billion -- six-trillion and 19-trillion barrels. ANWR production could percent of this entire refuge, for 30 years.

KENNEDY: Well, that's not true. That -- that's just a bogus...

HANNITY: U.S. Geo -- let me read you...

KENNEDY: That's a bogus...

HANNITY: The U.S. Geological Survey estimates oil...

KENNEDY: This is a misreport. I guarantee you, Sean. But let me tell you something else.

HANNITY: Excuse me. Well, no, no. No. Wait. Don't tell me. I'm reading from the U.S. Geological Survey estimates. It could be as much as 16-billion barrels of oil, which would be the largest supply of domestic oil ever discovered.

KENNEDY: Let me see that.

HANNITY: Right there.

KENNEDY: You're reading from an advertisement by the...

HANNITY: No, I am not.

KENNEDY: ... Energy Steward Alliance.

HANNITY: Let me -- let me put...

KENNEDY: Wait a minute. This is not honest, Sean.

HANNITY: Get my still ready from the Boston paper.

KENNEDY: Sean, this is not honest.

HANNITY: Get my -- get my still ready from the Boston paper.

KENNEDY: This is not honest to say that you're reading from the Geological Survey.

HANNITY: Excuse me. Excuse me. Can I -- let's -- it is -- let me quote...

KENNEDY: No. This isn't -- this is from an energy propaganda.

[Kennedy reaches over and takes it out of his hands]

HANNITY: Give me my paper!

(LAUGHTER)

HANNITY: Can I -- I'm going to put up from the Boston -- hang on a second. Hang on a second. From the -- from the Boston paper. Here it is. This is from "The Boston Herald," your neck of the woods, hardly a right- wing paper.

KENNEDY: "The Boston Herald"?

HANNITY: Environmental...

KENNEDY: Are you kidding me? That's as right wing as...

HANNITY: Well, you -- you want to discourage everyone. This is the U.S.

KENNEDY: Well, this is not the U.S. Geological Survey.

HANNITY: Wait. Excuse me. Wait a minute. I have the survey. I have the -- wait a minute.

KENNEDY: Sean...

HANNITY: I'm going to show you the survey.

HANNITY: Well, you -- you want to discourage everyone. This is the U.S.

Yep...when you catch them in a lie, you are being 'negative'!

Thanks, Damgo, I needed that!

Yep. that's nearly "Harper's" material. Bravo.

"We Decide, You Shut Up."
February 4, 2002

Bill O'Reilly: In the "personal stories" segment tonight, we were surprised to find out that an American who lost his father in the World Trade Center attack had accused the USA itself of terrorism. The offending passage read, "We too watched with shock the horrific events of September 11... we too mourned the thousands of innocent dead and shook our heads at the terrible scenes of carnage--even as we recalled similar scenes in Baghdad, Panama City, and, a generation ago, Vietnam." With us now is Jeremy Glick, whose father, Barry, was a Port Authority worker at the Trade Center. Mr. Glick is a co-author of the book "Another World is Possible."
I'm surprised you signed this. You were the only one of all the fammilies who signed.

Jeremy Glick: Well, actually, that's not true.

O'Reilly: Who signed the advertisement?
G:Peaceful Tomorrow, which represents 9/11 families, was also involved.
O': Hold it, hold it, hold it, Jeremy. You're the only one who signed this advertisement.
G: As an individual.
O':Yes, as--with your name. You were the only one. I was surprised, and the reason I was surprised is that this ad equates the United States with the terrorists. And I was offended by that.
G:I'm actually shocked that you're surprised. Our current president inherited a political legacy from his father that's responsible for training militarily, and economically, and situating geopolitically the parties involved in the murder of my father and countless thousands of others. So I don't see why it's surprising--
O':All right. Now let me stop you here. So...
G: --that I would come back and want to support--
O': It is really surprising, and I'll tell you why. I'll tell you why it's surprising.
G: --escalating--
O': You are mouthing a far-left position that is a marginal position in this society, which you're entitled to.
G: It's marginal--right.
O': You're entitled to it, all right, but you're --you see, even--I'm sure your beliefs are sincere, but what upsets me is I don't think your father would be approving of this.
G: Well, actually, my father thought that Bush's presidency was illigitimate.
O': Maybe he did, but--
G: I also didn't think that Bush--
O': --I don't think he'd be equating this country as a terrorist nation, as you are.
G: Well, I wasn't saying that it was necessarily like that.
O': Yes you are. You signed--
G: what I'm saying is--
O': --this, and that absolutely said that.
G: --is that six months before the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan, starting in the Carter Administration and continuing and escalating while Bush's father was head of the CIA, we recruited a hundred thousand radical mujahedeen to combat a democratic government in Afghanistan, the Turaki government.
O': All right. I don't want to--
G: Maybe-
O': I don't want to debate world politics with you.
G: Well why not? This is about world politics.
O': Because number one, I really don't care what you think.
G: Well, okay.
O':You're-I want to-
G: But you do care because you--
O': No, no, look--
G: The reason why you care is because you evoke 9/11
O': Here's why I care.
G: --to rationalize--
O': Here's why I care--
G: Let me finish. You evoke 9/11 to rationalize everything from domestic plunder to imperialist aggression worldwide.
O': Okay. That's a bunch--
G: You evoke sympathy with the 9/11 families.
O': That's a bunch of crap. I've done more for the 9/11 families by their own admission--I've done more for them than you will ever hope do do.
G: Okay
O': So you keep your mouth shut when you sit here exploiting these people.
G: Well, you're not representing me.
O': And I'd never represent you. You know why?
G: Why?
O': Because you have a warped view of this world and a warped view of this country.
G: Okay.
O': Here's the record. You didn't support the action against Afghanistan to remove the Taliban. You were against it. Okay?
G:Why would I want to brutalize and further punish the people in Afghanistan?
O': Who killed your father!
G: The people in Afghanistan--
O': who killed your father!
G: --didn't kill my father.
O': Sure they did. The Al-Qaeda people were trained there.
G:The Al-Qaeda people? What about the Afghan people?
O': see, I'm more angry about it than you are!
G: So what about George Bush--
O': What about George Bush? He had nothing to do with it.
G:--Senior, as director of the CIA.
O': He had nothing to do with it.
G: So the people that trained a hundred thousand mujahedeen who were--
O': Man, I hope your mom isn't watching this.
G: Well, I hope she is.
O':I hope your mother is not watching this because you--that's it. I'm not going to say anymore.
G: Okay.
O': In respect for your father--
G: On September 14, do you want to know what I'm doing?
O': Shut up. Shut up.
G: Oh, please don't tell me to shut up.
O': As respect--as respect--in respect for your father, who was a Port Authority worker, a fine American, who got killed unnecessarily by barbarians--
G: By radical extremists who were trained by this government--
O': Out of respect for him--
G: --not the people of America.
O': --I'm not going to--
G: --the people of the ruling class, the small minority.
O': Cut his mike. I'm not going to dress you down anymore, out of respect for your father.
G: That means we're dont?
O': We're done.

Are these interviews real? On one hand, I find it hard to believe that these people could be so moronic. On the other, I want to be able to cite these interviews with knowledge of their authenticity, due to their hilarious nature.

Originally posted by qwpoi
Are these interviews real? On one hand, I find it hard to believe that these people could be so moronic. On the other, I want to be able to cite these interviews with knowledge of their authenticity, due to their hilarious nature.

Well, all you have to do is watch 1-2 shows, or hear Hannity on the radio once, to know that if these are not real transcripts, they are certainly indicative of the style.

I've looked up and confirmed. It is genuine.
I've got video..
http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/Glick_56.wmv [Broken]

Scary, isn't it?

ROTFL, excellent work FZ+, I love the part at the very end where the title flashes by and the words "NO SPIN ZONE!" then he apologizes for Glick's behavior!
HAW haw, that guy O'Reilly has a chip in the head, and it's no Pentium.

LOL.

Every since the close of the war, I have noticed that the right biased media has become a majority. They just don't know what to do now. They are lost, they have no fuel for the fire.

The topics are asinine, the controversy contrived.

The conservatives are on top, so now the underdog conservative media has no source to maintain its underdog status.

This may kill the popular support. Especially if they mention that stupid and insignifacant murder case again (Greta has spent the past month or more on this media circus - totallly asinine).

They are as in the dark as the liberal media, who are still reeling from their inability to report from the fractured left.

All this is the legislation newly imposed by the right. It may bite them in the ass, in the end (no pun intended).
It will be interesting to see how the mobs are swayed.

You do realize, I hope, that the major networks care not for the political bias. Thier only concern is the ratings. Period.

What I find the most fun is the right-winfgt pundits lie as easily as breathing, and otheriwse intelligent people take them at face value.

Ok, I heard Ann Coulter and Sean Hannity on the radio...wow, they have a combined IQ lower than their solo scores.

I completely agree with all your points, G. But do you think that the left is fractured because they have points of view different from each other? Or is it because, the glory in a triumph over Bush is so tempting? The Republican machine is formitable, but the policies themselves are often illogical jilts at Veteran Soldiers and Firefighters. It isn't fighting government waste, it's fighting the middle class and winning. The war in Iraq was the impetus for all the recent terrorism there. Far fewer Americans died at the hands of terrorists before the war, an obvious fact.

Hard-core right wing talk-show hosts are funny and offensive at the same time. It's just editorial opinion, but it influences a lot of people. Luckily the things that Rush says are only slightly more ludicrous than things that http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20030630/ts_nm/iraq_usa_rumsfeld_dc_2 [Broken] says.

The right-wing media 'wins' because they are so sure of themselves. They say the same thing about Bush, in fact; "He knows himself, he is confident and sure." The idea of correct and incorrect is secondary. The right-wing media is 'right' because they are sure.

In other words, they can say the most idiotic things, but because they never question themselves or each other, the fcommon man will buy into it. Being a radical right-winger is a lot like joining a cult, in fact.

Ann Coulter is so stupid...her, I want kicked out of public discourse. Wonder why some of us hate 'conservatives' so much? Look at her.

OK, let's talk about the scary behavior of the press corp. Seemingly overnight, it has become fashionable to bash Bush. Do they get it right?

NO!

As soon as you hear 'legitimate' media sources claiming that the administration 'sexed up' WMD claims, you know something is fishy. There are reasonable points on which to challange Bush. Too bad the media has decided to play spin games intead.

Could you specify what you think they should be reporting on, and in place of what?

Originally posted by Dissident Dan
Could you specify what you think they should be reporting on, and in place of what?
Well, they seem to have focused solely on the claim that Iraq sought nuclear materials from Niger, a claim based on forged documents. There is a deeper issue of constant deception from the administration, along with a disregard for law and rights. Instead of showing the wider scope, the media have decided to nitpick one or two cases like this one.

Originally posted by Windy
Coulter is something of an oddity. She has a serious problem. I would call her mental.

The media nowadays is truly getting out of hand. The FBI should do something about it and encourage fair and appropriate reporting of news. Filter out things not appropriate for the public, see?

The problem is, according to the Bush administration, the truth isn't appropriate for the public.

I've been reading The Clinton Wars, which spells out pretty plainly the media's complicity in the farce of the Clinton impeachment.

(As an aside: any situation in which Larry "Hustler" Flynt is the voice of journalistic and political ethics and integrity must be a sad state of affairs. Nothing Clinton was actually proven to have done was as criminal and anti-American as the behavior of the Republican Party and the media which supported it.)

have you read "Fortunate Son" ?

Originally posted by schwarzchildradius
have you read "Fortunate Son" ?

I'm working my way through...should that one be next on the list?

it's a fairly exhaustive biography of Junior, beginning with the Bush family roots in the British Royal Family. Plus, it's been banned. The difference between 41 and 43 might just include that one was a drug addict while the other was not.

*Bump*

Just had to add...Ann Coulter really is the biggest idiot in the media today. She makes Cal Thomas look like...someone with a brain, anyway.

You know what else makes me happy? After a decade of media shame over the Clinton (phony, mostly invented) scandals, the media, especially the Republican Ministry of Misinformation(Fox News), dares to complain about the media's focus on scandal and gossip.

The fact is the Left/Right spin is only a smoke screen to separate the masses.

Two years ago, at the National Republican Convention, GW Bush stated “Big Government is Not the Answer”. If it isn't the answer then why on Earth have our president and our equally corrupt Congress and Senate foisted on us the biggest and not coincidentally, most intrusive government ever in the history of the United States? The price tag for Bushes Police State is going to cost us, the victims, approximately 2.1 Trillion dollars (US dollars to boot!) The most galling part is that we will be forced to pay for the slave chains we will wear. Sadly, a majority of our fellow citizens asked for this intrusive government when they squealed like schoolgirls about their personal security and gladly exchanged our liberty for the illusion thereof. As Ben Franklin said, “they who would trade essential liberty for a little temporary security deserve neither” and as usual, he was right. Any attempt to question the headlong rush into globalist slavery and abrogation of our god given rights was met with the maniacal shouts of cowardly warmongers clamoring for safety.

Riding high on the knuckle dragging support of the willfully ignorant masses who know more about their favorite television show than they do their own system of government, GW Bush and his globalist cronies have pushed through the most anti-Constitutional legislation ever imagined. Stooges in the Congress signed off on the Homeland Security Bill without even reading it, if we are to believe their admissions on the matter, and the Senate signed off as readily. I am sure both houses had to get on to more important issues such as whether or not to pass a Constitutional Amendment against the Confederate Flag or what kind of Islamic shrine to erect on the White House lawn next year.

I remember hearing G.W. Bush referred to as a Christian by hordes of fawning and Constitutionally ignorant pseudo-Christians who occupy most of our nations pulpits and comprise the majority of the mainstream talk radio hosts. In addition to looking only at the words of a politician as their proof of G.W. Bushes alleged faith in Christ, these woefully simple minded television “educated” masses truly believe that if they just get the right man elected to be king/president and give him all the power he wants, they can go back to sleep and concentrate on important things like the football game.

Because of such useful idiots, G.W. Bush has been able to form a system of government with enormous police state powers that make Hitler’s. Gestapo look mild by comparison. Most Americans sat idly by while G.W. Bush began emulating the tyrant Abraham Lincoln in every respect, going so far as to bring back tribunals and secret accusations as a solution for the war on terror. To the quivering cowards who truly believe that it is their governments job to protect them from any and all harm or injury, G.W. Bush was fully justified to ask for sweeping and thoroughly un-Constitutional authority and an undisguised assault against the Constitutionally guaranteed, god-given rights of every citizen of this nation.

And thus G.W. Bush has now created a monster, a beast that is going to enslave us all (except of course for the ruling class who will continue to enjoy unbridled power and opulent wealth). While I fully believe that those who are too ignorant to understand their freedom and too cowardly to defend it do not deserve it, it is sad that these ignorant masses feel compelled to give away not only their own god-given rights but the rights of the rest of us as well. In a Constitutional Republic, two wolves and a sheep cannot vote on what is for dinner because it violates the god-given rights of the sheep. Sadly, America is changing from a Republic to a democracy wherein 51% of the citizens can tyrannize, rob and destroy the other 49% and believe that somehow it is all perfectly legal and just (if they are in the 51% majority that is).

In the next 30 days we will be involved in a shooting war in Iraq that we will “win” and after that Bush will have another manufactured crisis to keep us distracted. Every time we “win” a war against another Islamic nation, further terror attacks will be launched against the American citizens. At some point I would hope that the people of this great nation wake up to the fact that it is we the people who are the targets of these attacks and our political elite ruling class are surrounded by bodyguards and have protected bunkers to hide in. Small wonder they don’t fear stirring up the ant nest of Islamic hatred.

After the 9/11 attacks where thousands of innocent American citizens were killed, an attack that could have been prevented (but then we did need our Reichstag fire to justify Homeland Security), our public servants set up a shadow government, issued themselves gas masks and continued on with their idiotic and un-Constitutional foreign policy. I predict that so long as our ruling class are sheltered from the consequences of their actions, it will be the American people who will continue to be over-taxed, have their freedom stripped from them and generally slaughtered advancing the global agenda. I am sure that if we ask the average politician what is wrong with this arrangement they will say “nothing at all, after all, there is a war on you know”.
By Al Lorentz

Okay you guys, I don't remember this thread, but it is long, so it has to have been here before. Unfortunatly, I don't have time to read it all. I have only one thing to say: If the president, congress, senate, media, and pretty much eveyone but you seems to be corrupt, maybe you should give up on fixing this country, get out, and leave us corrupt people to ourselves.

EDIT: Wow, this is an old one, Elkinbow really dredged this up out of the depths.

Last edited:
Truth or Coruption

The truth can be a very disturbing enterprise. At times it can seem overwhelming. In other instances, the truth (and the search for it) can be extremely frightening. What is more frightening, however, is the reluctance and flat-out resistance that so many have encountered when speaking for freedom, and for truth.