Launching a Juice Company: Seeking Advice on Slush-Ice Production

In summary: Thank you for the response. I'll post some of the links I've found so far.In summary, Oliver suggests that the OP experiment with juice slush-ice and test various ratios of ice to juice to find the most successful recipe.
Juicer82w
Hi, I'm a student who's creating a project surrounding the start-up of a juice company. We currently experiment with juice slush-ice but we don't know how to make it, neither do we know if it's possible. I would really appreciate if anyone at this site knows anything about this subject, and the subject of freezing drinks.
Thank you!

Oliver

Physics news on Phys.org
I really don't understand what you mean. Are you experimenting with juice mixtures? Would you like to know about good ice to juice ratios?

Can you explain a little more. I have a feeling PF might not be the place for this, as much as we would like to help you.

Yes, I'll try to explain myself better. We want to experiment with juice as slush-ice. As you may have seen Cola and Fanta slush-ice exists already, and I want to know if it's possible to make slush-ice from juice, if so, I want to know what the ice to juice ratios are.
Thank you!

Oliver

Juicer82w said:
As you may have seen Cola and Fanta slush-ice exists already, and I want to know if it's possible to make slush-ice from juice, if so, I want to know what the ice to juice ratios are.
Ahh, I see.

You should be able to empirically figure out the best ice-to juice ratios, I'm sure a couple rounds of ice and juice experiments are feasible.

Thank you for replying, I'll test it out, and update the thread with my results!

Juicer82w said:
Thank you for replying, I'll test it out, and update the thread with my results!
Cool. We'll be waiting.

Likes anorlunda
Juicer82w said:
Hi, I'm a student who's creating a project surrounding the start-up of a juice company. We currently experiment with juice slush-ice but we don't know how to make it, neither do we know if it's possible. I would really appreciate if anyone at this site knows anything about this subject, and the subject of freezing drinks.
Thank you!

Oliver
Welcome to the PF, Oliver.

As part of your project, I'm sure you must have been doing a lot of reading and research into this. Could you post some of the better links you have found so far? What do they say about the optimum temperature and mix of ingredients to fine-tune the texture of the "smoothie" mix?

It would be a good idea for the OP to get hold of a slush puppie kit and see how it's done. I would imagine that the secret would be in the constitution of the syrup that's mixed with the ice granules as an anti-freeze. I expect it needs a lot of sugar - more than in natural juice.

Related to Launching a Juice Company: Seeking Advice on Slush-Ice Production

What is the process of producing slush-ice for a juice company?

The process of producing slush-ice for a juice company involves several steps. First, the juice must be prepared and mixed with water and sweeteners to create the desired flavor. Then, the mixture is poured into a slush machine and frozen until it reaches a slushy consistency. Finally, the slush-ice is stored in a freezer until it is ready to be served.

What equipment is needed for slush-ice production in a juice company?

To produce slush-ice for a juice company, you will need a slush machine, freezer, containers for storing the slush-ice, and mixing equipment. It is also important to have proper sanitation equipment for cleaning and maintaining the slush machine and other equipment.

How can I ensure the quality and consistency of the slush-ice for my juice company?

To ensure the quality and consistency of your slush-ice, it is important to carefully measure and mix the ingredients, regularly clean and maintain your equipment, and monitor the temperature and freezing time of the slush machine. You may also consider conducting taste tests and gathering feedback from customers to make any necessary adjustments.

What are the potential challenges and obstacles in producing slush-ice for a juice company?

Some potential challenges and obstacles in producing slush-ice for a juice company include finding the right balance of ingredients for optimal flavor, maintaining the proper consistency and temperature of the slush-ice, and managing the production and storage of large quantities of slush-ice. Additionally, ensuring proper sanitation and preventing contamination can also be a challenge.

Are there any regulations or guidelines I should be aware of for producing slush-ice for a juice company?

Yes, it is important to research and comply with any local, state, or federal regulations and guidelines for food production and handling. This may include obtaining necessary permits and licenses, following proper sanitation practices, and meeting food safety standards. It is also important to stay informed and up-to-date on any changes to these regulations and guidelines.