Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

LaTeX your opinion of boxing examples in notes

Which do you prefer?

• Frog Box

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Standard Box

Votes: 5 83.3%

• Total voters

dwsmith

Feb 1, 2012
I am playing with creating boxes around my examples in my notes.

I could do this:

11x2.png

What I have currently it this

hmmm16

Feb 25, 2012
I like using boxes in my notes, but I always go for my notes being nice and clean and clear so I don't use any colour or fancy rendering as it distracts me, that's just personal opinion though.

dwsmith

Feb 1, 2012
I like using boxes in my notes, but I always go for my notes being nice and clean and clear so I don't use any colour or fancy rendering as it distracts me, that's just personal opinion though.
The thing I like about the frog box is that it emphasizes to look at this.

Chris L T521

Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
I started using a package called boiboites for colored boxes since I haven't taken the time to create any on my own. I color code mine based on whether or not the block is a definition, theorem/lemma/proposition/etc, or example.

dwsmith

Feb 1, 2012
I started using a package called boiboites for colored boxes since I haven't taken the time to create any on my own. I color code mine based on whether or not the block is a definition, theorem/lemma/proposition/etc, or example.
Here is what I am using for definitions:

Here is what I am using for Laws:

Sudharaka

MHB Math Helper
Feb 5, 2012
Hi dwsmith, :)

In my opinion the standard box is nicer compared to the green one. The green color is a distraction to the eye, but perhaps if you can change the color of the frog box to something else it might look better. :)

dwsmith

Feb 1, 2012
Hi dwsmith, :)

In my opinion the standard box is nicer compared to the green one. The green color is a distraction to the eye, but perhaps if you can change the color of the frog box to something else it might look better. :)
I can make it any color you want.