Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

latex looks horrible on my android tablet

sbhatnagar

Jan 27, 2012
LaTeX looks horrible on my android tablet whereas it looks fine on my computer. Here's a screenshot

What probably the reason of this?

Last edited:

Ackbach

Indicium Physicus
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Have you tried using the Mobile style? You can get at that in Settings -> General Settings, near the bottom.

Plato

MHB Math Helper
Jan 27, 2012
LaTeX looks horrible on my android tablet whereas it looks fine on my computer. Here's a screenshot

What probably the reason of this?
The LaTeX does not render at all on my android tablet.

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
You didn't post the screenshot or I can't see it. Can you please post it again so we know how it looks? We'll try to fix this asap.

sbhatnagar

Jan 27, 2012

Thanks for response. LaTeX looks dark and hazy. In the mobile mode latex does not render at all.

Last edited:

janvdl

Jan 30, 2012
My BlackBerry supports antialiasing of fonts, although this might be treated as an image rather. Make sure you are not using a browser that compresses images and switch on any antialiasing options.

Evgeny.Makarov

MHB Math Scholar
Jan 30, 2012
LaTeX looks dark and hazy.
I don't know much about this, but is LaTeX rendered as an image or using web fonts in your case? In the first case, zooming a whole page (text and images) may make images look blurred. MathJax is supposed to render LaTeX using web fonts, so you can select and copy it as text, for example.