Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

[SOLVED] LaTeX example forum

dwsmith

Feb 1, 2012
I have been posting a few things in \(\LaTeX\) in the \(\LaTeX\) Help forum but I actually don't need any help. What I am posting are code on how to create some diagrams, but in these diagrams, I use a lot of techniques other members can learn from.

Could we have a \(\LaTeX\) Example forum where people can post some code? This way members can learn by example of some more advanced techniques in type setting and TikZ.

Chris L T521

Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
I have been posting a few things in \(\LaTeX\) in the \(\LaTeX\) Help forum but I actually don't need any help. What I am posting are code on how to create some diagrams, but in these diagrams, I use a lot of techniques other members can learn from.

Could we have a \(\LaTeX\) Example forum where people can post some code? This way members can learn by example of some more advanced techniques in type setting and TikZ.
I don't think that's a bad idea. If there was to be a subforum for this, I would have it within either the $\LaTeX$ Help or Useful Mathematics Resources forum but call it something like "$\LaTeX$ examples and tutorials." I would also be willing to contribute things to that subforum as well.

dwsmith

Feb 1, 2012
I don't think that's a bad idea. If there was to be a subforum for this, I would have it within either the $\LaTeX$ Help or Useful Mathematics Resources forum but call it something like "$\LaTeX$ examples and tutorials." I would also be willing to contribute things to that subforum as well.
You can name it what ever is most appropriate. All I could think of was LaTeX example when I created the post.

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
I think having a subforum for "tips" and other informative information is a good idea. The forum title of "Latex Help" might be misleading. Perhaps "Latex discussion" or something like that would be more appropriate? Then we could have two sections for questions and for informative threads. Regardless of how we do it, it's a good idea and practice to make original content easy to find. This idea applies to other guides and tutorials on MHB as well. For now, I think a new subforum is the way to go.

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
This is done now and all that's left is to move tutorial/tip threads to the subforum there. Thank you for the suggestion, Dustin! :D

alane1994

Oct 16, 2012
MHB supports TikZ?:eek:That is pretty cool.:D

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
MHB supports TikZ?:eek:That is pretty cool.:D
Unfortunately we don't at the moment. It is something I would like to implement this year though. There a few options for us and a few ways to do each one so it's important to make the proper choice. I'll let everyone know if something develops. :)