Eliashberg's paper published in 1960

• Thread starter leoant
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Paper
In summary, the poster is a new user seeking help with their experiments on superconductors. They are having trouble finding important papers, specifically a 1960 paper by Eliashberg. Another user suggests searching for the paper on Google and provides a link to a 1985 paper by Eliashberg. The original poster also asks if there is a free version of the paper available.
leoant
dear everyone
It's my first time here,and I want to get some help.
My sub is condensed matter,and now I am doing some experiments on superconductor.What confuse me greatly is that i cann't find lots of important papers published before,such as one of Eliashberg's paper
published in 1960.May u help me?
My email:leoant21@hotmail.com
Thank u for ur kindness.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org

Originally posted by leoant
dear everyone
My sub is condensed matter,and now I am doing some experiments on superconductor.What confuse me greatly is that i cann't find lots of important papers published before,such as one of Eliashberg's paper
Thank u for ur kindness.

Hi Leoant,
Look in Google "GM Eliashberg, superconductor". There are a couple of 1985 papers at the end of the url: www.mit.edu/~levitov/research.html[/URL]
Cheers, Jim

Last edited by a moderator:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by leoant
dear everyone
Thank u for ur kindness.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes,ir seems a problem as only JETP letters(the english translation of Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz. in which the article was published)only published after 1996 are available online.You can look in some library for 1960 JETP papers.I feel it should definitely be there.I could only find the abstract at http://www.iop.org/EJ/refs/1367-2630/5/1/372 but it is unlikely if it of some help.Anyway,its here:

Interaction between electrons and lattice vibrations in a superconductor

A perturbation theory for the Green function is developed in which the Green function calculated for the superconducting ground state is used as the zero approximation Dyson equations are written from which the electron Green function can be determined Interaction between electrons and phonons is not assumed to be small. The spectrum and damping of the excitations are calculated.

you can buy it online if you wish.The URL for buying is same as the above(follow the hyperlink to chemport there).

cheers
:smile:

Umm...
thanks very much, and I want to know if there is someplace i may get it free?

1. What is Eliashberg's paper published in 1960?

Eliashberg's paper, titled "Interactions between Electrons and Lattice Vibrations in a Superconductor," is a groundbreaking research article that proposed a theoretical framework for understanding the phenomenon of superconductivity.

2. What is the significance of Eliashberg's paper?

Eliashberg's paper provided a comprehensive and mathematically rigorous explanation for the mechanism of superconductivity, which had eluded scientists for decades. It also laid the foundation for further research in the field of superconductivity.

3. How did Eliashberg's paper impact the scientific community?

Eliashberg's paper was met with great excitement and sparked a wave of research in the field of superconductivity. It has since become one of the most cited papers in physics and is considered a seminal work in the study of superconductivity.

4. What were some key findings in Eliashberg's paper?

Eliashberg's paper introduced the concept of electron-phonon interactions as the driving force behind superconductivity. It also provided a set of equations that quantitatively described the behavior of electrons and phonons in a superconductor.

5. Has Eliashberg's paper stood the test of time?

Yes, Eliashberg's paper has withstood decades of experimentation and has been validated by numerous studies. While there have been some refinements and extensions to the theory, the core concepts and equations proposed by Eliashberg remain a fundamental part of our understanding of superconductivity.