Laplace Transform Proofs: Get Help Now

In summary, the conversation discusses the Laplace transform and its definition, as well as potential proofs for specific equations using this transform. The suggestion to try integrating is also mentioned.
smms25
Hey, I have been studying differential equations a bit and was wanting some help on some proofs. There are 3 laplace transforms I would like proofs for. Not really sure where to get started or if someone could lead me to place that has these proofs I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

Attachments

• diffeq.jpg
    diffeq.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 430
Physics news on Phys.org
Have you tried just integrating?

The definition of the Laplace transform of f(x) is
[tex]\int_0^\infty e^{-sx}f(x)dx[/tex]

The transform of the delta function is pretty close to trivial:
[tex]\int_0^\infty e^{-sx}\delta(x)dx= e^{0x}= 1[/tex]

For [itex]f(x)= x^ne^{ax}u(x)[/itex] do repeated integration by parts letting [itex]u= x^n[/itex], [itex]dv= e^{ax}u(x)[/itex] until you have reduced the power of x to 0.

For [itex]f(t-t_0)u(t-t_0)[/itex] do the obvious substitution: let [itex]v= t- t_0[/itex].

Related to Laplace Transform Proofs: Get Help Now

1. What is a Laplace transform?

A Laplace transform is a mathematical tool used to convert a function from the time domain to the frequency domain. It is commonly used in engineering and physics to solve differential equations and analyze systems.

2. Why are Laplace transform proofs important?

Laplace transform proofs are important because they provide a rigorous mathematical foundation for the use of Laplace transforms in solving problems. They also help to deepen understanding of the concept and its applications.

3. How do I know if I need help with a Laplace transform proof?

If you are struggling to understand the concept of Laplace transforms or are having difficulty applying it to a specific problem, then it may be helpful to seek assistance with a Laplace transform proof.

4. Where can I get help with Laplace transform proofs?

There are various resources available for help with Laplace transform proofs, including online tutoring services, academic support centers, and textbooks. You can also reach out to a professor or fellow students for assistance.

5. What should I do if I am stuck on a Laplace transform proof?

If you are stuck on a Laplace transform proof, try breaking down the problem into smaller steps and working through them systematically. You can also seek help from a tutor or ask for clarification from your instructor.