Have you watch the movie the core?

• Thread starter Saint
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Core
In summary, the conversation is about the movie "The Core" and its inaccuracies in physics and unoriginal plot. The conversation also mentions the use of "unobtainium" in the film. There is also a mention of the speaker's decision not to pay to see the movie.
Saint
Have you watch the movie the core?

what is mysterious with it?
is it a burning furnace ?

Astronomy news on Phys.org
burning? For sure not the core, as NiFe is at the end of the fusion chain.

I saw the film. Usual stuff. A lot of unacknoledged borrows from SF books. Unaccutate physics, but at the expected level. The first scene, where they both speak of changes in wavelength and frequency of sound, was the only one troubling me.

Originally posted by Saint
what is mysterious with it?
is it a burning furnace ?
Its under pressure, so its hot.

my personal favorite was "unobtainium"
feel free to correct my spelling

Originally posted by screwball
my personal favorite was "unobtainium"
feel free to correct my spelling
I absolutely refuse to pay money to see that movie. I'll acquire a copy through "other means" and watch it for a laugh one night when I'm drunk.

1. What is the movie "The Core" about?

The movie "The Core" is a science fiction disaster film that follows a team of scientists and astronauts as they attempt to save the world from a catastrophic event caused by the Earth's core stopping its rotation.

2. Is "The Core" scientifically accurate?

No, "The Core" is not scientifically accurate. While it does incorporate some real scientific concepts, the movie takes many creative liberties in order to make the story more dramatic and entertaining.

3. Who stars in "The Core"?

The main cast of "The Core" includes Aaron Eckhart, Hilary Swank, Stanley Tucci, DJ Qualls, and Delroy Lindo.

4. When was "The Core" released?

"The Core" was released in 2003.

5. Are there any real-life events that inspired "The Core"?

While "The Core" is a work of fiction, it was inspired by real-life events such as the mysterious deaths of animals in the Pacific Northwest in the early 1990s, and the discovery of a large magnetic anomaly in the Earth's core in 1995.