Laboratory equipment- what is this?

In summary: This piece of laboratory equipment is a counter used for counting radiation rates from a sample with radiotracers. It is hand made with hand soldered and etched circuit boards and has a lot of BNC chassis connectors. It has a high voltage part with large diode bridges, capacitors, and transformers, and a blast/heat shield. The brand is Gammatec Denmark and the model is DA400. It is from Rigshospitalet, a large hospital in Denmark. It is most likely not patient equipment, but rather for lab use. The purpose of this equipment is to measure radiation rates from a sample using radiotracers. It is not a particularly special piece of equipment,
C.Braestrup
hey, just bought this interesting piece of laboratory equipment, but i have no idea what its used for. the 4 meters on front panel measures peak control, integrator, and count rate (x2)
potentiometer knobs is saying; high voltage, underneath the peak control meter,
under the meter "integrator" there is a level knob and a reset pushbutton.
under first count rate meter, is printed 44 KeV, and at the knob cps x1000, at the other count rate meter, it sais 100 KeV and knob sais cps x1000
its hand made, have a lot of bnc chassis connecters, circuit boards are hand soldered and etched, there is a, what i think is a high voltage part, where boards have a lot of large diode bridges, capacitors and transformers, and between that and the rest is there an unetched copper plated board, i think its a blast/heat shield,
there is a smaller cabinet following with it, no interface, just two bnc connectors and a flat serial cable port.
all connectors are gold plated.
a label claims that its from rigshospitalet, a very large hospital in the capital of Denmark.
brand: Gammatec Denmark
model DA400
anybody got ideas info or such?
I just want to know wether its usefull before i strip it for parts.
http://img545.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=billede0007.jpg
http://img545.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=billede0007.jpg
link to image gallery

Engineering news on Phys.org
It's a counter presumably for some sort of radiation detector.
Probably lab rather than patient equipement to count radiation rates from a sample with radiotracers.
Not particularly special but some nice parts.

Googling around, it looks like a bone densitometer

Related to Laboratory equipment- what is this?

1. What is a Bunsen burner?

A Bunsen burner is a common piece of laboratory equipment used to create a flame for heating or sterilization purposes. It consists of a metal tube with an adjustable air vent and a gas valve, and is typically connected to a gas source such as a propane tank or natural gas line.

2. What is a microscope?

A microscope is a scientific instrument used to view objects that are too small to be seen with the naked eye. It uses lenses and light to magnify and enhance the image of the object, allowing for detailed observation and analysis.

3. What is a graduated cylinder?

A graduated cylinder is a cylindrical glass or plastic container used to measure the volume of liquids. It is marked with measurement lines, typically in milliliters, allowing for accurate and precise measurements.

4. What is a centrifuge?

A centrifuge is a machine used to separate components of a mixture based on their density. It spins at high speeds, creating centrifugal force that causes particles to separate and collect at the bottom of the tube or container.

5. What is a petri dish?

A petri dish is a shallow, circular glass or plastic dish used to culture microorganisms or small plants. It provides a sterile environment for the growth of these organisms and is commonly used in microbiology and biology experiments.