Anna Lindh: Swedens Best Politician, Friend & Mother

• News
  • Thread starter Hydr0matic
  • Start date
In summary, the foreign minister of Sweden, Anna Lindh, was stabbed in a mall and passed away the next morning. She was highly regarded as a politician, friend, and mother. There was not much discussion about her death compared to if a similar event had happened to an American politician. Some expressed concern for the lack of security for public officials. Lindh's murder may have been motivated by her political views, but it is not confirmed. Her death occurred during a time when there was debate over switching to the Euro currency. It was initially reported that the Pro-Euro side had a slim lead, but it ultimately did not turn out that way.
Physics news on Phys.org
interesting no one had much to say about this, but if Bush was stabbed, the thread would have run several pages!

i hadn't heard much about her, but from the articles you reference, she had quite a good reputation...perhaps one day America will allow more female leaders and we will see where our country goes

I hope they'll start attaching security personel to
public officials from now on. I mean their president
was also murdered cause he was, at that time, without
protection. It's admirable, but unfortunately it seems
reality is not. I know it doesn't really matter at this
stage but I hope that it wasn't just because of her political
views, I mean it's really awful to commit a murder just because
you don't want to use Euros or some other petty problem like that.

Peace and long life.

I mean it's really awful to commit a murder just because you don't want to use Euros

Looks like the murderers got what they wished for...

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-1103700,00.html [Broken]

Newspapers here were reporting a 1% lead for the Pro-Euros this morning. Things just didn't turn out that way, I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:

1. Who was Anna Lindh?

Anna Lindh was a Swedish politician who served as the Minister for Foreign Affairs from 1998 until her death in 2003. She was known for her strong advocacy for human rights, gender equality, and international cooperation.

2. Why is she considered Sweden's best politician?

Anna Lindh was considered Sweden's best politician because of her dedication and achievements in promoting Sweden's foreign policy, her strong leadership skills, and her ability to connect with people from all walks of life. She was also highly respected for her integrity and compassion.

3. What were some of Anna Lindh's political accomplishments?

Some of Anna Lindh's political accomplishments include her role in Sweden's accession to the European Union, her efforts in promoting Sweden's feminist foreign policy, and her work in strengthening Sweden's relationships with other countries through diplomacy and international aid.

4. How was Anna Lindh as a friend and mother?

Anna Lindh was known to be a warm and caring person who valued her friendships and family deeply. She was a supportive friend and a loving mother to her two children, always making time for them despite her busy schedule as a politician.

5. How did Anna Lindh's tragic death impact Sweden?

The tragic death of Anna Lindh shocked and deeply affected the people of Sweden. She was a popular and well-respected figure, and her death was seen as a loss for the entire nation. It also brought attention to the issue of political violence and safety for politicians in Sweden.