Know of any online stores that sell strain gauges?

• Thread starter Vale-46
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Strain
In summary, a strain gauge is a device that measures the strain of an object by converting it into an electrical signal. It works by utilizing the principle of electrical resistance and is commonly used in industries such as aerospace, automotive, and construction. There are different types of strain gauges available, including foil gauges, semiconductor gauges, and piezoelectric gauges. They can be purchased from various online stores, including specialized scientific equipment suppliers, industrial suppliers, and online marketplaces. It is important to research and compare different stores to find the best quality and price for specific needs.
Vale-46
I've just been given a quote on some strain gauges I'm after and the adhesive but I've got a 4-6 week wait from this supplier and I want somewhere else to compare against price wise. If I can get them sooner rather than later it would be cool too.

Any suggestions?
My searches in Australia, the UK and the USA on google aren't very helpful.

Engineering news on Phys.org
You could try http://www.omega.com/toc_asp/sectionSC.asp?section=E&book=pressure"

Last edited by a moderator:

Related to Know of any online stores that sell strain gauges?

1. What is a strain gauge?

A strain gauge is a device used to measure the strain or deformation of an object. It works by converting the change in length, width, or thickness of an object into an electrical signal, which can then be measured and analyzed.

2. How does a strain gauge work?

A strain gauge works by utilizing the principle of electrical resistance. It consists of a thin, flexible wire or foil attached to a backing material. When the object to which the gauge is attached experiences strain, the wire or foil is stretched or compressed, causing a change in its electrical resistance. This change in resistance can then be measured and correlated to the amount of strain on the object.

3. What are some common applications of strain gauges?

Strain gauges are commonly used in industries such as aerospace, automotive, and construction to measure the strain and stress on various components and structures. They are also used in research and development to test the performance and durability of materials and products.

4. Are there different types of strain gauges?

Yes, there are several types of strain gauges, including foil gauges, semiconductor gauges, and piezoelectric gauges. Each type has its own advantages and is suitable for different applications.

5. Where can I find online stores that sell strain gauges?

There are many online stores that sell strain gauges, including specialized scientific equipment suppliers, industrial suppliers, and online marketplaces like Amazon and eBay. It is important to research and compare different stores to find the best quality and price for your specific needs.