Kissing Electric Shocks, No Idea Whats Causing It

In summary: I don't think so, but you should definitely try to touch something else first. And don't worry, your relationship is just fine.
Superfly108
I just don't get it, I've noticed that over the last three days when my girlfriend and I kiss we both get a nasty electric shock, and a crack sound can be heard, its driving us crazy, I've tried wearing differnt clothes, differnt shoes, having a shower and bath, touching metal objects, nothing works. Do you have any ideas how i can stop it?

Physics news on Phys.org
Touch another part of her body first, preferably with an open hand.

- Warren

Do you have any idea how to stop this problem from accuring at all? Or the reason it is accuring, we have never had problems before, i do science at school but from what i no my self i have no idea what could be causeing this.

I'd guess it's probably just due to a recent lack of humidity in your area. Nothing to worry about.

- Warren

Originally posted by Superfly108
I just don't get it, I've noticed that over the last three days when my girlfriend and I kiss we both get a nasty electric shock, and a crack sound can be heard, its driving us crazy, I've tried wearing differnt clothes, differnt shoes, having a shower and bath, touching metal objects, nothing works. Do you have any ideas how i can stop it?

lol, that sucks...very funny though.

Lol or maybe it's nature's way of telling you she's not the right girl. J/K. Don't rub on anything too much or it could cause static. Make sure you both touch somewhere else or something first. ANd for goodness sakes, if you are having that bad static problems, don't ever operate on your computer anytime soon lol.

Originally posted by Guard
ANd for goodness sakes, if you are having that bad static problems, don't ever operate on your computer anytime soon lol.

Final destination image there...actually something similar to this happened to me once know that i think of it (though it didn't involve any sgnificant others) and i couldn't open any doors without getting a very nasty shock. But it went away eventually, so don't worry about, something in your immediate environment most likely. Avoid dragging your feet.

Sparks are really flying huh?

Well, you obviously have a good relationship.

According to my old farmers almanac calendar to rid clothing of static rub them with a wire coathanger...

Not sure what kind of relationship you have...

might be kind'a kinky!

:wink:

Originally posted by Integral
According to my old farmers almanac calendar to rid clothing of static rub them with a wire coathanger...

Not sure what kind of relationship you have...

might be kind'a kinky!

:wink:

and the jokes get bolder...

okie, thanks for all you help. :wink: maybe it is a hint tht things r getting very hot, i dnt think me n her will have any problems with our reltationship because we are very! close, ill try not dragging my feet and touch metal things before i kiss her, lol
cya all
-Louis

If you both walk on bare feet, you'll probably see that the sparks go away.

Your beloved Vanessa is a fembot sent by Dr. Evil.

i heard static reduces ur sperm count

Related to Kissing Electric Shocks, No Idea Whats Causing It

1. What causes the electric shocks when kissing?

The electric shocks experienced when kissing are typically caused by a buildup of static electricity on the skin. This can be due to dry skin, clothing materials, or other environmental factors.

2. Is it harmful to experience these electric shocks?

No, the electric shocks experienced during kissing are generally harmless. They are usually low voltage and do not pose a threat to one's health.

3. Can certain people be more prone to experiencing these electric shocks?

Yes, some individuals may be more likely to experience electric shocks when kissing due to factors such as dry skin, clothing materials, or their body's ability to generate static electricity.

4. How can I prevent or reduce the frequency of these electric shocks?

To prevent or reduce the frequency of electric shocks when kissing, you can try using a moisturizer on your skin, avoiding clothing materials that generate static electricity, or using an anti-static spray on your clothing. Additionally, grounding yourself by touching a metal object before kissing can help dissipate any built-up static electricity.

5. Are there any medical conditions that could be causing these electric shocks?

In rare cases, certain medical conditions such as peripheral neuropathy or cardiovascular diseases can cause sensations of electric shocks. If you are experiencing frequent or intense electric shocks when kissing, it is recommended to consult with a medical professional for further evaluation.