Just finished algebra 1 now what?

In summary, the conversation is about the speaker looking for their second book in their self-study journey of mathematics. They recommend the Integrated Algebra 1 book for its clear explanations, examples, and exercises. They are considering the next book in the series, but also seeking opinions. They also ask for recommendations for a basic physics book with plenty of exercises. They mention wanting to stick with books from Amsco and follow the Algebra 1 - Geometry - Algebra 2 sequence.
uperkurk
I'm not sure I'm allowed to link the pdf of the book but here is an image http://pixhost.me/avaxhome/95/3a/000a3a95_medium.jpeg and I've just finished it. I really learned a lot from this book considering I knew pretty much no algebra when I first opened it 2 months ago.

Now I am looking for my second book, I think I'm ready for precalculus stuff, trig ect but I'm really fussy when it comes to books. I really dislike books which have pages and pages of text, I like something to be explained, then explained with an example and then some exercises to be solved based on what I've just been told.

That Intergrated algebra 1 book does this very very well which is why I liked it so much. I'm thinking to pick up the next book from which is this http://pixhost.me/avaxhome/e0/ce/000acee0_medium.jpeg but just wanted to hear opinions.

Also if someone could recommend a basic and I mean very basic physics book, something which will teach me the basic stuff.

I'm self studying so books with plenty of exercises in will be a great plus!

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
uperkurk said:
That Intergrated algebra 1 book does this very very well which is why I liked it so much. I'm thinking to pick up the next book from which is this http://pixhost.me/avaxhome/e0/ce/000acee0_medium.jpeg but just wanted to hear opinions.
Actually, I think that book is the THIRD in Amsco's series. Many schools (for good or bad) follow the Algebra 1 - Geometry - Algebra 2 sequence, so if you want to continue using the books from Amsco, you should get
http://www.amscopub.com/products/amscos-geometry-hardbound for your 2nd book. After that, you can use the Algebra 2/Trig book.

Last edited by a moderator:

Related to Just finished algebra 1 now what?

1. What can I do now that I have finished algebra 1?

Now that you have completed algebra 1, you have a solid foundation in algebraic concepts and techniques. This will prepare you for more advanced math courses, such as geometry, algebra 2, and calculus. You can also use your algebra skills in everyday life, such as budgeting, problem-solving, and analyzing data.

2. How can I continue to improve my algebra skills?

To continue improving your algebra skills, you can practice regularly by solving problems and completing exercises. You can also seek out additional resources, such as online tutorials, textbooks, or a tutor. Additionally, applying algebra concepts in real-life situations can also help solidify your understanding.

3. What topics should I review from algebra 1?

Some important topics to review from algebra 1 include solving equations and inequalities, graphing linear equations, factoring, and working with exponents and polynomials. It is also beneficial to review basic algebraic rules and properties.

4. How can I use algebra in other subjects?

Algebra is a fundamental component of many other subjects, including geometry, physics, and economics. It can help you understand and solve problems in these subjects by providing a structured approach to problem-solving and a common language for mathematical concepts.

5. What career paths can I pursue with a strong foundation in algebra?

A strong understanding of algebra can lead to a variety of career paths, including engineering, finance, science, and computer science. It can also help in fields such as data analysis, statistics, and business. Algebra is a valuable skill in many industries and can open up a wide range of opportunities.