Here are the questions:
I have posted a link there to this thread so the OP can view my work.Please help me with calculus? Optimization? I have no idea. :/?
I'm still doing this horrible study guide for Calculus that my teacher is making me do because I missed most of the semester due to family issues and getting sick a lot. Can someone answer these questions and an example would be awesome if you have the time.
1. Find the formula that should be used to minimize the distance between y = 5x^2 and the point (4, 3).
2. The legs of a right triangle are x and y. Find the equation that will maximize the area of the triangle given that 2x + y = 16.
3. Given the area of a rectangle is A = bh. If perimeter of the rectangle is 2b + 2h = 20, maximize the area of the rectangle.
4. Find the point on the parabola y = x^2 that is closest to the point (0, 2).
5. A student wishes to maximize the amount of poster space for an art exhibit. The requirements are that the height and width must sum to 50. What should the dimensions of the poster be?